Hello from Washington

• Hey all,

Just registered but I have been visiting for awhile.

I am up here is Washington state and live on the Puget Sound. I have been scuba diving and spearfishing for almost 25 years and took up freediving this summer. I have been having a blast and have been spearing quite a bit of Lingcod and rockfish out on the coast.

I took a AIDA level 2 class this summer and have spent a lot of time in the water. Here in the sound most species are closed right now for spearing. Most of the local dives are just practicing and working on technique as well as just enjoying being in the water.

I have been enjoying reading all of the warm water posts and am very much looking forward to getting down to Florida in the next few years to freedive. In the meantime I will try to contribute from a coldwater perspective.

Shawn

• Welcome neighbor! Umm well if 600miles still counts us as neighbors. there's a few cold water guys on here. Looking forward to reading about your experiences on same fish I love to hunt:)

I have been enjoying your posts Tree. I love Ketchikan and spent many summers there purse seining. You getting those fish up at Ward Creek?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

SR1

• Welcome, Yep water is cold there like it is here in N. Cal.

You got the currents to deal with good Vis. I got the surf and low Visibility. My brother lives up there since 1984.

He was mainly a scuba diver, but I got to free dive off his sail boat (when he was resting). Boat is moored in Everett now.

His boat is a 33 foot, and he never would get a ladder. I had to rock climb up the motor and use the drain spout and a tiny foot hold to get back in.

San Juan Islands, Gulf Islands, Tacoma narrows are the names I can remember. He had me all over the place.

Welcome, and watch those tide charts...

-John