Hi from Jalisco, Mexico

• Hi everyone

I started spearfishing a few months ago and just found this forum while searching for some information.

About 5 months ago I took a freediving course and there I made some friends that introduced me to spearfishing. I have been hooked ever since.

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge in this forum. I already started reading very interesting threads.

• Bienvenido! Jalisco origin of some great sipping Tequila current favorite is Jose Cuervo "De la Familia" Reposado. Welcome!

• ~~ Hey Fergtm,did you get over to the coast to spearfish?

Hey, my friend could not go last weekend so we will go this one. We haven't decided yet where to go. The plan is to drive along the coast until we find a place that looks promising.

• This weekend we finally had time to go to that place. I am eager to go there again, lots of fish and friendly locals.

Saturday we went to see what we could get from the beach. There was a very strong current and visibility was poor so we decided to return early.

On Sunday we met a local fisherman, he agreed to take us to some places near the bay. Bottom near those rocks is at about 40 feet. It's sandy but with lots of rocks and hiding places for the fish.

(I am the one in the cressi wetsuit)

BTW: English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes.

• NIce pics. Welcome. And your English is better than Marco's. :laughing3:

(note, I've lived with a Honduran lady for 10 years and my Spanish is about like a 2 year old's):D

• No te preoccupies del ingles - hay muchos aqui que no pueden escritoire ingles Tampico y son gringos :laughing3:

No worry just send pics and good Jalisco Tequila :thumbsup2:

• NIce pics. Welcome. And your English is better than Marco's. :laughing3:

(note, I've lived with a Honduran lady for 10 years and my Spanish is about like a 2 year old's):D

Jajajajaja! You get worse with age...:D

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Hi, we went to the place I mentioned the other day (Barra de Navidad). The exact place I don't remember, we asked a local fisherman to take us there. There are many hotels, we stayed in one close to the beach. I'll probably go again next weekend.