Memorial for nate

• I would like to commission or make a memorial for nate that we can place on the reef somewhere near where he did most of his diving.
    I would like to get people's input, and contributions if we go the commissioned route. Does anyone have any experience with underwater memorials? Material? How to fasten it to the reef? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

i like to spear fish

• I would like to commission or make a memorial for nate that we can place on the reef somewhere near where he did most of his diving.
    I would like to get people's input, and contributions if we go the commissioned route. Does anyone have any experience with underwater memorials? Material? How to fasten it to the reef? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

LunkerBuster--- good idea and I am all for it. Just remember that this idea will get WAY complicated if you notify ANY authorities and request their approval beforehand.
    hope this helps

Dude george---Nate has no DEPENDENTS, but he has a very tight knit, loving and caring family in Louisiana. Nates funeral was there on Sunday, fathers day :(

• I have several mid to large center console we can use, There is a place down the street from me that makes plaques as well. I would think the best way would be to have a bronze plaque made and embed it in concrete.

• I have several mid to large center console we can use, There is a place down the street from me that makes plaques as well. I would think the best way would be to have a bronze plaque made and embed it in concrete.

This ^^^ is THE best IMO.
    We used to dive on cave memorials and carry scrubby pads and SS wire brushes to clean the bronze memorial "stones" in the underwater caves in central Florida. It was always a sobering moment when you swam upon a site where another person has died in the water. There are still some of these memorials in the Keys.
    Please be careful "setting" this memorial. Unless you are familiar with working with heavy weight like this in /around the water, it can be VERY dangerous. Last thing we need is another death setting a memorial stone for Nate.
    1. Nates memorial needs to weigh enough that a couple of casual bubble blowers cannot lift it to the surface and steal it.
    2. Bronze plate imbedded in 200lbs of concrete.
    3. Put the stone in a net to pick it up / move it from build site to truck / onto and off boat into water. Once on the bottom just cut net as close as possible to bottom of stone. IF you imbed lift hooks in the stone, the stone will be way easier to steal.
    4. We used to use 40-60f shrimp trawlers with their net booms to lower the "stone" to the bottom.
    All this is just my opinion
    Wish I was there to help.

• A memorial reef is an awesome idea, would be a headache to organise though over here - heaps of people create there own reef's though in the deeper water as there is not that much structure in the gulf.

We had one of our local divers taken by a GWS early in the year, and set up a memorial beside the dive spot.

We made it from re-claimed jetty pylons and boards, came up really good.

• That is a very nice tribute. I fear the south florida folks would remove anything they could see or knew about and that eliminates anything on the shore.

i like to spear fish