Spearfishing Trindad & Tobago 2014

• Hank I always dive in my 1.8 lycra with speardiver 3mm vest and feel comfortable in summer. This winter I am going to have to shell out for a wetsuit as I was freezing winter gone.
    Yeah brudah that hot ocean ain't good during hurricane season!

That's a great picture. Is that a 1.5 mm wetsuit? Man, on Sunday I was getting hot in mine here. Looks like you have some nice cool water there. We have hurricane fuel building up…..:@

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Holy Shet badehh !!. Nice. I'm living through your pictures now. Our canal is so full of mud that I can't get my boat out…..I've been out once in 6 weeks. Keep 'em coming.

• okay back home and going through the video footage soon, maybe a vid or two will surface ;)

George Steele

• Forgot the last fish of the trip, Bequia Blues got this beauty. And forgot to talk about a few interesting encounters from the trip.
    I missed an opportunity on two prize fish during the trip, first was a black grouper over 100 lb that I thought was a jew, as I just couldn't fathom a black that size so I let it live [emoji4] [emoji22], yes happy and sad at the same time about that incident. Earlier that same day jumped off the boat and swam to a new spot for me, visibility was maximum 7 foot, as I arrived at the rock we were supposed to hunt out of LITERALLY nowhere, as I could not see shit! A zambize(bull) charges me, thank god from the front. I freaked but repetitive experience kicked in and I charged back and poked it with my spear, which thankfully sent it packing. I freaked as it is incredibly rare to run into a shark on that coast. Maybe that played a role in my grouper confusion, why not shoot a jew? They are fair game in Trinidad but getting rarer and rarer so I personally didn't want to shoot one.
    Second missed opportunity was the last day, in a bay with nasty current that has the 15-20 ft bottom stirred up, and I make out a largish white shape, visibility is maybe 4ft, and there are a lot of big turtles and rays around so not knowing what it is I continue my long breathe up after fighting the current, I keep an eye on the shape though and as it begins to move my brain slowly says fish, but now I am asking what fish? As I start my drop I see the shape move off and behind it a shape twice the size, now I register BIG CUBERAS! But as usual with these fish that love to play with us, with a loud boom they vanish [emoji20] the big one had to be over 50. Sigh. But great experience and fun, great way to end my trip. Thanks again Bequia Blues for sharing your grounds with your brother from another mother, I will kick your ass next year! [emoji1]
    I

George Steele