Dive Buddy?

• Hey everyone. I'm coming to Honolulu for a few days starting the 1st, and would love a dive buddy and guide for some spots for decent fish (not looking for anything huge, but not tiny either). seeing its been almost 8 years since ive been there, my knowledge is extremely limited. any military members a plus due to my wife and i in the military. please let me know. thanks:thumbsup2:

The Best type of Fish are those on your chest.
    U.S. Submarine Service

• Wow, no takers. does anyone at least know some beaches that have kayaks for rent and some decent sized fish. any information would be great.

U.S. Submarine Service

• Hey hamptonyj, just a heads-up. Most divers out here are very secretive about their spots and won't really broadcast it on the web. Also, check the size regulations for different reef fish online. Where are you staying? North shore right now is still murky from the past hurricane we had and the sets will most likely start to roll in. South side oahu is pretty dead but might have clearer and calmer water at that time. East side has fish but the waves and surge can be nuts. Westside is usually flatter and clearer but get ready to dive deep to take good fish. I'd take you diving but I'm leaving to CA tomorrow for good. Check out Hawaii Spearfishing and Freediving if you got Facebook to see if you can link up with anyone, the HSD forum is pretty dead right now.

• thanks for the heads up jaguigui. im staying in kailua, but i have time to go where the fish are. I'm not trying to find spots to steal, i'm looking for a guide/dive buddy. I'll blindfold myself if necessary, i just want to get some fish haha

U.S. Submarine Service

• thanks for the heads up jaguigui. im staying in kailua, but i have time to go where the fish are. I'm not trying to find spots to steal, i'm looking for a guide/dive buddy. I'll blindfold myself if necessary, i just want to get some fish haha

Hey hampton, I stayed in Kailua 3 times, Lanikai to be specific. There's a lot of shorediveable stuff right from the beach there. Its very shallow and the fish are smart but you could do well there. Everything else Jaguigui said is spot on from what I experienced. It'd be great if you could hook up with someone, I did and I saw some INSANE stuff if your dive abilities up to it.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!