Relentless

• I love it when novice divers land a monster fish! It's so entertaining.

• There alot to discuss with this video. The most important imo: they were diving with buddies, albeit not as strict as I personally preffer. This is a great example how following the cardinal rule of diving "always have a buddy" can help one overcome eventual and INIVITABLE mishaps.

• pound for pound, that's a badass fish. They honestly scare me. I've seen Daryl and Joe shoot 60 lb ones in Hawaii and it's never one dive, shoot fish and haul it up. It's two or more following dives, untangle, feed gun through house, CUT shooting line...go home and rest. haha.
    I wouldn't shoot a 100 one. I've only stoned one horse eye out of all the ones I've shot. Almost as hard to kill as cobia.

The last one I saw Joe shoot, it was fairly shallow, like this video. After about three dives he comes up with fish behind him. I said, "what do you want me to do"? He says, "unwrap the line from my neck". brrrrrr

But that's just me. Go for it :thumbsup2:

Edited once, last by hank ().

• I love it when novice divers land a monster fish! It's so entertaining.

Greek what makes you think they were novices? Just curious as to your thinking, I know your a underwater ninja... so not taking the piss ;)
    My take was I saw some decent snapper on their stringer, and with the equipment they had i thought they were pretty good at landing that beast fish. First shot was a good shot as well, bad luck he didnt stone it, maybe as the fish wasnt going anywhere he could have breathed up again in that shallow water before the first shot, and taken more time with the first shot, maybe i guess, but hard for me to judge not being there.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Cheap reel line, and taking a less than ideal shot on a fish that clearly was going to test every link in the chain. I have done both those things myself. However they got it in the bag, with persistance and team effort. Some kook diving alone, with a 1m jbl, no floatline or reel, would have had no chance other than getting super lucky. I know a few dudes that could have easily polespeared that bugga and likely stoned it at that range. Glad this video got some discussion going:)) carry on mates

• Greek what makes you think they were novices? Just curious as to your thinking, I know your a underwater ninja... so not taking the piss ;)
    My take was I saw some decent snapper on their stringer, and with the equipment they had i thought they were pretty good at landing that beast fish. First shot was a good shot as well, bad luck he didnt stone it, maybe as the fish wasnt going anywhere he could have breathed up again in that shallow water before the first shot, and taken more time with the first shot, maybe i guess, but hard for me to judge not being there.

It's about 20ft max deep in crystal clear water, and they need to relax. They are having a hard time holding their breath. There is way too much panic as they are having a hard time diving down. Yes the fish is big.

The guy who places the 2nd shot sprints back up to top as if it was a super long deep dive. Take a little more time aiming that 2nd shot, and that fish could be pulled right out away from rocks.

These are things that we all have done. It still is a great video, and I am not taking anything away from it.

• It's about 20ft max deep in crystal clear water, and they need to relax. They are having a hard time holding their breath. There is way too much panic as they are having a hard time diving down. Yes the fish is big.

The guy who places the 2nd shot sprints back up to top as if it was a super long deep dive. Take a little more time aiming that 2nd shot, and that fish could be pulled right out away from rocks.

These are things that we all have done. It still is a great video, and I am not taking anything away from it.

Enjoyed your insight, I also found the shallow water diving being made to look like deep drops entertaining, but the lads did well and never let up :)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Enjoyed your insight, I also found the shallow water diving being made to look like deep drops entertaining, but the lads did well and never let up :)

It even got my heart pumping...lol. It was great video and totally entertaining from start to end. Some vids are :boring1: