Speardiver Teak Rear Handle Classic

• Hey everyone,

Just wanted to show you guys my new gun that I recently purchased from Dan at the Freedive Store. It's his newest speargun in the Speardiver brand of dive gear. The Speardiver Rear Handle Classic. I chose mine in 125cm with 2 x 16mm small ID Speardiver bands and a 7mm stainless steel high profile tabbed shaft custom cut to fit my stock length. It comes with an enclosed track and can accept shafts up to 8mm (5/16). Everything on the gun is stainless steel and wood. The entire laminated stock is epoxy coated to protect it from the elements. The handle is gorgeous and contours to the hand so naturally with the handle being recessed into the stock as well as the heavy duty line anchor on the muzzle. This gun is extremely light to swim around with, but still has the mass to handle 3 bands with no problem. The shape of the stock is almost like a pipe gun. I was shopping around for a while looking at a few other brands, mainly Riffe & Koah. This gun is not only superior in design, but Dan is offering these at a great price IMHO. Oh, and the trigger mech and safety are all stainless, smooth as ice, and absolutely beautiful.

Hope you guys like it, I sure do! Cant wait to shoot some fish with this beast. :thumbsup2:

Later,

Chase

• Congrats chase! I was eyeballing those when I picked up my gun and wetsuit. As someone that has limited knowledge I still could see the excellent workmanship. Let us know what you think after you get her wet.

• Beautiful looking wood Euro! :thumbsup2:

I better not go to the website and price them :laughing:

Would be bad for my budget since I really do not need a new speargun :nono:

Let us know how it shoots :D

• Great looking gun! Cant wait for your opinion after its been in the water a bit with you, all guns take some adjusting 2, so very curious to hear your report after its been bloodied and banged up a bit :thumbsup2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Wow! That's a beauty! It really does look like a classic, with simple, yet elegant lines!
    I love the angle on the handle, and the attention to detail throughout the gun!
    Congrats Chase! Now time for real world testing!:D

• Finally popped the cherry with my new Speardiver Rear Handle Classic speargun. Got a little spanish mackerel today on a kayak dive. The current was ripping and the water was pretty chilly today as a result of this cold front coming in. I couldn't resist this opportunity to log some water time with my new gun though. Every gun takes some getting used to, but I felt very comfortable with this baby in water. It feels as light in the water as my Speardiver Phantom 120cm pipe gun, and tracks very well also. I will keep you guys posted with further review.

Later,

Chase

• Sure, out of the water you can really feel the weight and mass that this gun has. But in the water when I'm swimming around on the hunt I barely grasp the gun with one hand. I even found myself swimming around with it by the handle from time to time, like many do with light euro style pipe guns. This is my first wood gun so I still have many of the same habits and I found the transition very smooth. This gun is not cumbersome or awkward to carry or move with at all. You can fire with one hand with no problem either. It must be the way that Dan shaped the barrel and everyone who's put their hands on the gun so far has had nothing but great things to say, including my father-in-law who's been spearfishing for over 30 years. Another difference between this gun and a pipe gun is how smooth and light the trigger pull is on this teak classic.

Chase

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Finally popped the cherry with my new Speardiver Teack Rear Handle Classic speargun. Got a little spanish mackerel today on a kayak dive. The current was ripping and the water was pretty chilly today as a result of this cold front coming in. I couldn't resist this opportunity to log some water time with my new gun though. Every gun takes some getting used to, but I felt very comfortable with this baby in water. It feels as light in the water as my Speardiver Phantom 120cm pipe gun, and tracks very well also. I will keep you guys posted with further review.

Later,

Chase

Congrats :toast:

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• I would like a side-by-side comparative with the phantom 120.

I'm about to get one for me. I tried one and liked very much. Actually it was one shot, one wahoo. It's the video on the store web page. The trigger feel was smooth for me.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I would like a side-by-side comparative with the phantom 120.

I'm about to get one for me. I tried one and liked very much. Actually it was one shot, one wahoo. It's the video on the store web page. The trigger feel was smooth for me.

Hang on! Is the Tarzan of the ocean thinking about getting a wood gun? The scurge of all Venezuelan fish, the man who trys to get close enough to a fish to punch it to death? [emoji1]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Another thing that I like about this wood gun is the butt extension. It helps with tracking and stabilizing the gun for longer shots, and for hip loading which I find much faster in comparison to chest loading. I'm not sure if I'll ever pick up a pipe gun again. This gun has really sold me on wood guns. It's so quiet too.

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Another thing that I like about this wood gun is the butt extension. It helps with tracking and stabilizing the gun for longer shots, and for hip loading which I find much faster in comparison to chest loading. I'm not sure if I'll ever pick up a pipe gun again. This gun has really sold me on wood guns. It's so quiet too.

Ok Nancy, no need to read your comparative... :rolleyes1::laughing::laughing3:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Chase - thanks for the photos and review. I could never go back to a rail gun myself. Been a woodie for a dozen years. Is it this gun? I ask because your photo looks different than shown here:

Speardiver Teak Euro Speargun

Thank you.