Roller spearguns

• See post 100. I typed it the same time you posted this. :D

Actually, this one was in a cut. There is a pretty ripping current there and I chummed a place we call the Deep Hole. It's only about 35 feet deep. But I came back and all the chum was gone and there was this guy sitting and staring out into the deeper water. Probably digesting the meal he just had. After i shot, he tried to get back in the hole but it's only about 3 feet wide. That's why he looks beat up on the one side.

• In Belize? Very nice Bruddah! I'll check out your post.

Yes Dan, this has been a great thread. I don't keep up with too many, but this one has been a bit addictive::thumbsup2:

Makoa

HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA
    MAHALO KE AKUA
    E MALAMA I KE KAI

• ci era? Is that an auto correct for Cubera? Not sure what you mean, Makoa. But if you DID mean cubera.....I got it at my ultra double secure secret spot. If you come here, I'll take you there. Just don't tell El Marco or George where it was.:laughing:

George and El Marco together don't equal a Jake! Marco might disagree [emoji6]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Haha, yeah, it was the Apple Auto Correct! I had to edit as soon as I pushed the post quick reply button! But then I could always say that it is a local Fijian dialect from Kese Village on the Island of Naviti. Would anyone have believed me? Yes, please. I'm just waiting for service to Belize to start this summer and I'm there! So you prefer two or three 14mm bands to double 16 mm bands? I know Daryl loves the 14mm set up. We've talked about it at dinner.

HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA
    MAHALO KE AKUA
    E MALAMA I KE KAI

• Does anybody here subscribe to Ultimate Spearfishing Magazine? I just saw an advertisement about an article comparing/testing roller guns. I don't have any more details than that. Might be worth checking out .

• "If anyone has two comparable railguns, one standard and one roller maybe it will happen sooner"

I will gladly ship him my 110 super venom for testing if greekdiver ships me out a abellan Denton to use in the meantime

• Does anybody here subscribe to Ultimate Spearfishing Magazine? I just saw an advertisement about an article comparing/testing roller guns. I don't have any more details than that. Might be worth checking out .

I don't subscribe, but I do have a copy of that issue. I can scan the articles and post them here if that's okay to do. Is it?

• Two Single Band Guns. One Conventional. One using the Roller Head with a fixed point of attachment. The Roller Gun will have more power and more range. The reason being that the only difference between the two is that one has band stretch the entire length of the gun, the other has band stretch only 2/3 of the gun. Same gun. One Band. One Pull. Roller Wins. Do I get the cash?

• Two Single Band Guns. One Conventional. One using the Roller Head with a fixed point of attachment. The Roller Gun will have more power and more range. The reason being that the only difference between the two is that one has band stretch the entire length of the gun, the other has band stretch only 2/3 of the gun. Same gun. One Band. One Pull. Roller Wins. Do I get the cash?

Finally an equation I can follow [emoji6]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Why not.

Just checking. Didn't want to break a rule and upset anyone - and was too lazy to read the rules myself. Turns out the file sizes are too big to post here anyway, even when saved as reduced size pdf's. There are two articles on roller guns in that issue. The scanned files are about 1MB and 2MB. Send me your email address if you want them.

• The Roller Gun will have more power and more range

That's the only part of your post that meaningful, but it's also incorrect. The rest/your description of the two spearguns is a fantasy that I can't follow. It's nice that Marco and George can though.

If you choose to retort Jon, draw a picture of those two guns. I've only seen your guns finished and in various stages of building, but I assume you draw at least some of them first. So I'm sure you can sketch something for us with minimal effort.