04/05/09 La Santa Fe - Slim pickings

• Myself, Pantoja and a friend went out today. Seas were pretty good, less than 3ft. I didn't feel cold in a 3mm two piece suit. Pantoja and Guille were diving in underware only :rolleyes1: There was a stiff current for the first half of the day. A marked difference in viz as we got further out to about 60ft depth, nice blue water compared to the murk close in. The current and not being able to see the bottom precluded us from diving well on some spots and we opted to drift which still didn't produce. Fish were scarce. I was definitely not performing well but good days ahead as I like to say.. Pantoja's boat appears to be running well and he's back to his normal self, started the day out with a nice mutton and finished with a few hogs. I got a hog, mackerel and a cheehe ;) I was sure a big cuda was mine but somehow it tore off, I know it's not going to make it because I broke its back which haunted me.

• yaeh , i'm somewhat still taking it easy . but i felt a whole lot better this time. last time i went I didn't feel good at all. I made several dives in 60 and got to the bottom no problem and back. then I prepared really good , guille , my frien was on top watching so i dived down , stayed at the bottom for 20 to 30 secs or so and came back all right. not a lot of fish , but it was a s,mooth day . nice. if you know what I mean. oh , and except for the fact that you get your back alll burned by the sun it's awsome to spear in underware. as long as its tight.to hold the balls in place.:D

• looks like a nice haul foir what you describe as a fishless day, way to persevere

ps-- underarmor make a great longsleeve shirt that is either plain or camo, it is 50+spf and in summer water it is the best thing to dive in. it is basically super lycra i think. I found a bunch in silly colors very cheap at marshall's

i like to spear fish

• Pantoja en cansoncillos y con la parguera en el bote':0. No ta facil.

Glad the boat is up and running again:thumbsup2:.

We had some fantastic days this weekend in the keys with close to 300lb fish per day between three divers. I'll post something later, although we did not take any pictures till about 6:30PM yesterday on our last spot.