Lower Keys Blacks

• Did a two-day trip this weekend in the lower keys. I always jump at the opportunity to dive clear waters as opposed to some of the pea soup we have to deal with up this way from time to time. One thing I miss from not living and diving regularly down south anymore is being able to hunt some of the black groupers. Anyhow, we dove two days and shot a shit pile of fish. On Saturday I shot a nice 25 pound class black early in the day and after the whole day of diving and the black being at the bottom of the fish box, we did not have time nor energy to take a picture. Yesterday however, we landed a few on our last spot of the day just less of an hour before sunset. These were the only pictures of the entire trip and I added Jason's big black of the day. We got plenty of blacks, reds, rock hinds along with the assortment of snappers, triggers, mackerals and lots of hogs and huge yellow jacks, we even added an Octopus for good measure.

Conditions were crystal clear the whole weekend with a pre-full moon current. Here's the a few just before we headed in...

• :thumbsup2: Good one , to bad you didnt get more pics. I bet it was a good haul. And that water back there looks so calm and clear. I bet you were furious:D. Grats on a good 2 day trip.:thumbsup2: