1.5m custom speargun

• A mate wanted a slightly longer version of my Deep Reef gun.
    Neptonice wide body reverse mech, custom timber handle.
    2 layers of carbon and one of carbon glass blend.

Too many hours but I am happy with the final product.

It was not planned as a rear plus, the butt was going to get cut down but Chris really liked the way it felt so it measures about 1780 over all. Great for the clear warm waters of the East Australian current.

• Another beautiful gun:-)

I wonder if I could possibly get you to share a few tips? I might look into making a CF custom barrel myself for a pneumatic this year using a 'lost foam' technique - shaping a blue construction foam core and dissolving it chemically after the laminate has cured.
    In particular, how do you apply the sleeve and keep it that straight? Do you roll it on turning it "outside in" as you do, or do you use a sort of tube over the blank that you pull out as you lay down the sleeve? Spray glue to keep the sleeve in place, too? I reckon you lay the sleeve up dry before impregnating with resin?

Anyways, beautiful and very inspiring work as always - thanks!

• :@:@:@ :thumbsup2: One day you wana do a wahoo clear water gun for me? ;)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Cheers Dude George, I would love to.
    I am heading away in 2 days time to chase some spanish and hopefully a wahoo.

Open invitation to come here and shoot all the wahoo your heart desires, and Yellowfin as well... just bring a gun for me and it's all yours [emoji6] . Could even stay by me [emoji4]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele