Elios Wetsuit

• Anyone ever order a custom suit from Elios? How long does it take and roughly how much does it cost?

I'm moving to Rhode Island against my will, so I'm gonna need something to keep me warm. I dove with Johnny7 and he had a really nice Elios that was much warmer than anything we had. I've requested an estimate, but wanted a ballpark figure.

• Best suit I've ever owned. Great price for a custom made one. My 3mm has lasted me almost four years and has been enough (with a small vest) for 68 degree water when I have dove the gulf coast in the spring. I'll have to search some of my old emails and exchanges with the manufacturer about what I paid, but it was a bit less than some of your non-custom made suits and it was while the Euro was alot higher than the dollar. Make sure you spend ample times taking your measurments. The service is not the best only in that the guy on the other end is a bit erratic answering emails. But after all was done, the suit came as promised and fit to perfection.

That being said, Dan seems to have some fine suits they'll make available for reasonable prices. I'm looking to get one in 5mm once he has them stocked.

• I don't know if you're asking for pics of the Elios wetsuit but you did ask for mine before so here it is. I went over to Jim's and he tried it on. XXL was wrong size for him, too loose. Jim is a perfect candidate for a custom suit because of his build. I was just curious to see how it would fit him. Jim's a good sport for posing for a pic and getting into it in the first place. I was afraid to put it on myself thinking I'll cook in it. It's a 5mm open cell interior. This is the green/brown camou. There's also blue camo and black. Also smooth cell outside is available.

• Man that suit looks great!!!!!!! Tell me you are going to be carrying it in 3 mm please. Is the outside smooth or is it nylon? Are the edges of the wrists stitched or not? How about knee pads? Sorry about the questions but I am really looking forward to the whole line-up.

• The thicknesses will be 3mm, 5mm, 7mm, and 9mm. The outside on the suit Jim's wearing is not smooth cell. I just can say if it's nylon or Lycrar. I don't think it's nylon because the weave is much finer than what I've seen on nylon outer suits. Smooth cell outer is an available option.

The pictured suit was a sample sent to us by the manufacturer, part of the process of coming to an agreement on what we want and what they're able to make. One of the things we talked about was the termination of the extremities; wrists, ankles and hood. On this suit they are stitched but we insisted on a trim finish on everything such as what you see on the bottom of the jacket Jim's wearing. The manufacturer said no problem. It will have knee and elbow pads. The difference in color from the first pic is because Jim wet the suit to put it on and this tuned down the colors.

• that is a good reply..there were no ill effects from having a cut edge that was not stitched or in anyway reinforced?

I was just thinking that a hooded suit could be restrictive in fla due to the warm weather

i like to spear fish

• There were no ill effects. With neoprene stitching and trimming is mostly for aesthetics. The different sections that make up a suit hold together with glue. Taking out all stitching will have an effect only on the nylon (or whatever other material used) outer. How do you think completely smooth cell suits hold together? They have no stitching.

Many guys here dive with a hood. I would dive with a hood except I can't get used to it. I can't hear as well as I would otherwise and just feel restricted psychologically. To me personally the hood is not part of spearfishing. I realize I will change my tune if I have to dive in really cold water, but until then.. :)

• That is great to hear. I am a firm believer of hoods regardless of water temperature. I was asking you about the stitching on the wrists because Picasso used to have a wetsuit called ghost mimeticall that had it and it restricted how much it will stretch when putting it on and eventually would rip out. Spetton has the hood, wrists and ankles with a plain cut and it worked great. Thanks for the pictures.

• A Elios suit runs the 200 - 300 Euros range, depending on what you want.

Once you get used to a hood, you can´t dive without it. Your ears, back of the neck and the whole face when jelly fish present will thank you.

Dan: Which neoprene manufacturer does your suits manufacturer use? Nam Liong, Heiwa, Yamamoto, other?

If it is chinese is probaly Nam Liong, but will be good to know.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• pargo---I like the suit. I dive with a hood year round. I would want the blue camo if available.
    Is it too early for a price list?
    What is the price of the complete PARGO freediving package of mask, fins, shorkel, suit and gun please?:thumbsup2:

• I appreciate the interest. We just started putting the whole thing together.. I should've expected the questions on pricing and maybe should've held off until that was sorted out. I was just excited about some of the products. Please have patience about the prices.

• I appreciate the interest. We just started putting the whole thing together.. I should've expected the questions on pricing and maybe should've held off until that was sorted out. I was just excited about some of the products. Please have patience about the prices.

JAJAJAJA are we putting pressure on you :D. Wetsuit pics and prices please. I've been searching all the carbon fins in the market and wetsuits around. and came up with 3 top in the 2 departments . or 3 fins and 3 suits in my wish list. Holding out a little waiting to see what you got for me;).

is like when i got the speargun made. Excited about it. .. So hopefully soon i can get on the wetsuit portion. right now most of my focus is in the fin department. I decided to go all out on fins. I mean good performance and durability. price is not the big factor for me is mostly quality for the price.. But i know i like to support our local team. (Pargo);). So I will wait for that e-mail with the pics of the wetsuits. and the prices. Also pargo. I'm 101/2". In your footpockets what size will that be. Because for me that is usually a nightmare to select from brand to brand?

I went to the Marea site. and i like some of their green cammo suits. Really impressive selection on cammo patterns. Custom it sholuld be the way to go in my case. But i know there is handfull of brands out there that can make a suit comfortable enough to fit me. So more than prize i will love to see the pictures and the size chart for the suits you will be carrying. I'd rather pay a little more but be sure to be comfortable. if your suits are close to the size chart of spetton. looks like good buiseness for me.

Cheers
    Core