05/02/09 Late report -Nice Mutton

• Saw him under a rock so I shot him.... three times. 8lb 10oz gutted.
    He made 8 people really full yesterday.

Cant forget the epic catch pose!

Davie Peguero

• Headed out Saturday with Kris and my uncle from Haulover headed north to tenneco to only to be approached by a cattle boat 2 minutes after we arrived. They gave us a big hassle and we decided to leave the spot since the retard captain insisted on motoring close to the divers.

We moved to dive the sand near tenneco and were swarmed by small muttons but nothing really noteworthy.

We headed to a reef in 30-35 and drifted for a while without seeing anything good. I was swimming down thew reef edge not seeing any good features so I moved to the sand to see if I could call a mutton in. Only saw a little one come in and decided to move back to the reef where I saw this guy frantically looking around for me. I thought it was a dog until I moved in and saw it was a big mutton.

I shot it from the top of the shoulder down and the shaft came out, no flopper tune, and he hauled ass down the reef.

I decided to turn back since I was far from the boat. I passed by a hollow rock where I had seen some margates and made a dive just to satisfy my curiosity, I knew there was no way in hell that big mutton was in there. I soon as the margates cleared I saw a bright red tail in the rock. I shot him with a 3/4 and 5/8 band 6 inches away. The spear went through the rock and I knew if i tried to rotate it out it could come out of the fish as well. So I put another shaft in it from the other side of the rock and a couple dives later pulled him out with both shafts.

We went down to some ledges infront of haulover but didnt see anything else.

Davie Peguero

• Cant forget the epic catch pose!

Hehehehehahaha :) Nice mutton!

Where did the other shaft to shoot him a second time come from? This reminds me that muttons will hole up after being hurt, like many other fish. Why didn't you take off a band? He was hurt and going nowhere. Don't tell me you thought you found another 10lb mutton :laughing3:

Such a nice mutton and pose I thought I'd put some color into it.

• Nice fish Davie! To bad I couldn't join you guys...

Julio, I'll be in PR for memorial day weekend (fri-tues). Will you be in town?

• Nice fish Davie! To bad I couldn't join you guys...

Julio, I'll be in PR for memorial day weekend (fri-tues). Will you be in town?

I'm always in town! Come over and we'll take you out! Even if it's on a yola!