Aqualung Technisub Micromask

• I tried today the Aqua Lung Technisub Micromask, $79 from FreediveStore.com Aqualung Technisub Micromask. This Aqualung micromask really lives up to its name. You want to talk about low internal volume, it has no internal volume. Seriously, the omer abyss is a low volume mask, I poured as much water into it as it will hold without spilling and then I poured the water from the omer abyss into the Techinsub. the water kept spilling and spilling out of the Technisub Micro mask. It was almost like the only place that held water was the nose pocket.

The Aqua lung Technisub Micromask is constructed differently than any mask I've seen. The plastic frame is bonded/merged with the skirt. Field of view is very good. The buckles swivel in four directions. The mask is comfortable and light. As small as it is I think it's amazing that the frame doesn't put any pressure on the bridge of the nose. I think it's a great low volume spearfishing & freediving mask.

EDIT 5/8/2012 - A similar mask, the Speardiver Micromask is now available for for $49 Speardiver Micromask.

• I tried using an OMER Alien after using my Micromask for almost a year, and just couldn't do it. I don't ever notice myself having to equalize it, it's super comfortable, and only leaks if I forget to shave for a few days. Expensive, but well worth it.

• Alan --- I got mine a year ago and have had zero problems with it, [once I figured out how to trim my own eyelashes].
    The strap is a little wimpy but with care I have not broken it yet. The whole mask easily fits in my size 10 Omer footpocket where I keep it.
    Like Dan said, I have never seen a mask like it.
    This is just my opinion.
    Hope this helps

• monster slayer---the Technisub is a very low volume mask. One of the best examples of this is the fact that some of us have to trim our eye lashes to keep them from wiping the inside of the lenses. That is low volume:0

As far as I know, the Technisub is not available with a mirror lens finish
    I HAVE seen the Technisub offered with a clear [not black] rubber skirt. Though I would never buy a mask with anything other than black rubber/latex.

I can work my Technisub without my hands. Once the strap is adjusted just right, I can wrinkle my face enough to let a little water in and then just tilt my head up and exhale to purge that same water. This is important to me as I normally hunt with my anchor in my left hand and my gun in my right hand. On decent it is very easy to put enough air into the mask.
    Once the lens is cleaned really good when you first buy it, fogging is not a problem like Omer masks.
    Most important to me, is that once I have the Technisub on I never notice having it on:D

• Hau: Do you really have to trim your eyelashes? I haven't bought this mask yet because of the reviews that say that the lenses get so close to your face, that your eyelashes touch them.

Isn't this anoying?

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Mantis and viso are truly superb masks, i ´ve had mine since three years ago and the mantis in amber is my main overall mask. I am not a deep diver, i had hit the 20 meters mark, but that´s it, for that puropose my viso is the mask to go... I have used all commercial masks around, ranging anywhere from cressi´s superoccio´s to Omer´s Aliens, sporasub samurai (superocchios copy cats) and finally Riffe stuff. Those masks are a´pleasure to dive with, Riffe knows his business really good. If you can find a better mask than the Riffes along with a competitive price, then i guess you would reach the spearfishing gear success in no time. Some say that we spearos are cheap bastards, but there are some pieces of equipment where you can´t just save a buck, masks and fins are the the finest example of the latter.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• If the mantis and viso are perfect why are you interested in the technisub :)

Riffe makes spearguns, and they make them well. Everything else Riffe rebrands and can be found elsewhere at a lower price. It can be said that Riffe knows how to select the good stuff but not always. More so they know to select the stuff they can make money on. Nothing wrong with that but you need to keep it in mind. Their flagship products are the spearguns and that's the only thing I would go to them for. Still their antiquated speargun handle needs to be redesigned.

• Marco---sorry for the delay.
    I trimmed my eye lashes and now have no problem at all. Pargo tried on the same mask and did not report having the eye lash touching the lens problem. The lens is so close that SOME spearos may need to trim their lashes.
    If Pargo can get the Technisub masks, I want to order 2 more.
    Hope this helps

• Yes I did get to use it. By far the best mask I've ever used. Did the toothpaste trick 3 times and hit it with a lighter once. Used spit before entry. Absolutely no fogging. Excellent field of view. No leaks, super comfortable, light weight. I highly recommend it. Two thumbs up:thumbsup2:

• carbon fins and micromask on my wish list:thumbsup2:

mine too, I had to pull the trigger on the mask last month, next month I hope to accuire some _______ fins.....I just hope they have a name by then so I can tell people how awesome the company is that i bought them from and how they have the greatest R&D and the sickest products.....:cool2:

:laughing3:

if you dont name them by the time I buy em, i will have to make up a name and start bragging about them on Spearboard:nono:

i like to spear fish

• I got my technisub micromask like a week ago. I havent tried it because of the bad weather untlil today. Its truly a super low volume mask. Its so close to your eyes even my eyelash touch the glass sometimes. Its comfortable and designed for our needs in freediving/spearfishing.With a couple of toothpaste treatment never fogged. For people with a large face i dont think it will fit. Its really a little mask, it almost fit in my cressi gara 2000 footpocket..Im lookin forward tu buy an omer or riffe mask but in some long time haha,im turning into a gear slut i think its a disease..:D..haha...
    P.D=you must shave to use the micromask or it will leak a litlle under the nose...but no problem.

• I got mine two weeks ago, best mask ever!! The quality is top of the line. Funny thing, I went from a cressi minima to the technisub. The diff was insane