Making lemonade ....

• They are not native.

Read this article from 2005
    http://www.anapsid.org/floridaiguanas.html

"Wildlife officials approve of Johnson's trapping and euthanizing methods, which Johnson said are a lot more humane than what private homeowners were doing to the lizards. Although iguanas are not a protected species, state animal cruelty laws do apply."

So is it cruel to kill them or just to cause them harm for no reason?

Davie Peguero

• hahahaha- i have to share what google translator gave me for that recipe :)

Gallina de Palo with patch and Ginger Sauce

gallina de palo, Parmesan cheese, salt to taste, garlic, onion, ginger, diced chicken Knoll, patches juice, a cup of gift stride.

It stings the chicken into small pieces of stick and go jump in a frying. In another bowl will stir-fry garlic, onion, diced chicken Knoll, after this point are missing patches juice with a little salt, then the cup gift stride and after all this places the chicken and was missing from the mix all ingredients above and meal.

I do not know what the cup gift stride. But you see that I went to the Commissions Africa and was very good.

good tool, not always helpful :)

i like to spear fish

• killing them seems allowed, just not torturing them for fun, which i agree with. no animal should be tortured for enjoyment

i like to spear fish

• Se pica la gallina de palo en trozos pequeños y se van friendo en un salten. En otro recipiente se va sofriendo ajo, la cebolla, cubitos knoll de pollo, luego de que esto estén en su punto se echa el jugo de parcha, con un poca de sal, luego la taza de don que stride y luego de todo eso se pone la gallina y se le echa la mezcla de todos los ingredientes encima y buen provecho.

You cut the chicken into small pieces/chunks and you go frying in a pan. In another bowl will stir-fry garlic, onion, Knoll chicken bouillon, after it is at its point(the way you want it) you add passion fruit juice, with a little salt, then a cup of Don que Stride. After all this, place the chicken and all mixed ingredients on top and good eats.

I do not know what the cup Don Que stride is . But the time I ate it was in a fricase and it was very good..

Edited 2 times, last by Toledo ().

• In the costa Chica of Guerrero and Oaxaca, those iguanas are a delicacy, I had tried them when I was in Salina Cruz for vacation; they tastes like "toadzila with chicken" though :stirpot:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Don't ask me for the source (I don't remember) but I thought I read once that more meat could be produced by "farming" iguanas in an acre of tropical forest, than by clearcutting and raising cattle on the same land.

Not sure how you round them up, though . . .

• It took a long time but I finally got my taste of Iguana. This one was munching on ground vegetation in my back yard and I shot it with an air gun. I missed the first two shots, but got it in the head on the 3rd one and it keeled over.

Cleaning it wasn't too bad. The smell of the guts reminded me of a horse farm, makes sense since these animals are vegetarian. With a little care the skin came off. The flesh has a sort of fresh smell to it reminiscent of something to do with the sea. The texture of it was kind of like chicken, but there wasn't any fat to be seen on this animal.

I could have cooked it as fricassee but that would have masked the taste. I wanted to cook it in a very simple way so as to get a sense for what iguana really tastes like. So a few minutes marinating in garlic soya and on the grill it went. As I already mentioned this flesh has no fat in it and there were no flare ups on the grill.

Start

Finish

The texture of the meat was still like chicken but tougher. The yield was good with the most meat coming from the base of the tail and the hind legs. Although there was meat everywhere else too. The meat had a peculiar taste that I can't equate to anything else. I didn't like it. The taste was most pronounced in the thicker pieces of meat, like those from the tail. I ate some and left the rest for a couple of days in the fridge. I went at it again later to see if my impressions the first time were right and they were. If I had to eat iguana to survive it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's definitely not an animal that I'd choose to kill for food again. I'm sure cooked in a different way it could be delicious, but I don't see the point when a nice cut of beef with some fat and bone stuck to it, seasoned with a little salt and tossed on the grill for a few minutes tastes divine. None of the iguana went to waste, what I couldn't finish my dogs did.

• Dan: You are a character!

I've tried iguana in tha past and liked it, but was prepared stewed and probably masked the taste that you didin't like much.

Now I kill them and trow them over the fence. I don't have the time to skin/clean them and probably I would be the only one in my family with the guts to eat them. Well, maybe my little son too. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• "They fool around my pool and shit just into the water"

he wants his pool clean...

sometimes i m asking if the freaks know that they are in the majority..

• Awesome dan. That is good to know. Sometimes an edible species is good to know about. Not just for survival but so you have something else to cook and hunt. I like to kayak in the canals around here and I bet the smaller ones are less tasty. Could be a nice day, hunt and fr

Thanks for sharing. This should be its own thread

i like to spear fish