what gun Euro Riffe 120 or Rob Allen carbon 120 ???

• Im debating on what to get a Riffe Euro 120 or a Rob Allen Carbon 120. FloridaFreedivers is up the road from me and they carry both but would like some help deciding. I currently have a Riffe Euro-X 110 and love it and soon will have my custom Deathstick 55 inch rear plus, both excellent wood guns. I was thinking maybe I should get a pipe gun intsead for ease of swinging and just to have a good railgun, can you all give me your thoughts on a Rob Allen carbon 120 and also what you would possibly do, im torn between 2 great guns. How do Carbon Rob Allens hold up, swing, power, ease in water compared to a big Euro 120? thanks all.

• Chad, Kirckonnell is a Riffe sponsored diver, along with Craig Clasen, I am aware that Riffe incepted the Euro 130 honouring Kirckonnell spearfishing preferences. (he used to hunt with a Rabitech Apex 130) And I am aware that both are buddies with you. Could you please elaborate more about Cameron´s railgun preference ? Is pretty interesting how a world class spearo, that could get any gun that he wants, chooses as his gun of preference an anemic gun with just two bands. Any way this guy is capable to spear a tuna with a tooth pick and actually be able to land it :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nk1214OZik

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

Edited once, last by monster slayer ().

• I would get the Rob Allen, but aluminum and 140 (110 and 120 are almost the same). You really don´t need carbon for that size (maybe you don´t need carbon at all). I have had Rob Allens for many years and never had a misfire. I did had a misfire with a full stainless mech life timed warranty railgun. It was properly changed at no cost but what a scare…

On the other hand, if you are used to the Riffe Euro, stay with that gun. Every gun fires different and it will take a while after you get confident.

Anyway, here you can see what a 110 Riffe Euro can do:
    http://www.inmersionvenezuela.…Noticia.php?id=0000000214

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I would get the Rob Allen, but aluminum and 140 (110 and 120 are almost the same). You really don´t need carbon for that size (maybe you don´t need carbon at all). I have had Rob Allens for many years and never had a misfire. I did had a misfire with a full stainless mech life timed warranty railgun. It was properly changed at no cost but what a scare…

On the other hand, if you are used to the Riffe Euro, stay with that gun. Every gun fires different and it will take a while after you get confident.

Anyway, here you can see what a 110 Riffe Euro can do:
    http://www.inmersionvenezuela.…Noticia.php?id=0000000214

Wow Marquito that´s one heck of a fish!! The guy has big balls to dare shooting at him with such a tiny gun. Awesome.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Monster,

Last time he came out in my boat Cam didn't even use a gun very much. He shot a big mahi and a wahoo with a pole spear.

I was shooting my "small" 2 band reel gun in the pool yesterday and I measured the distance from the handle to the tip of the spear after it came up a little short of the target when I shot it with 1 wrap. I was a little surprised that it was 19.7 feet. I generally shoot with 2 wraps and while the vast majority of my shots are less than 12 feet, I take some fish beyond the 1 wrap distance. My point is that with 2 powerful bands on a long gun with 2 wraps, you can shoot just about anything; except you can't take long shots at big, thick fish which will require lots of power to push through.

Chad

• I use to have a riffe eurogun 110(that I miss a lot:() a 130 sea sniper and have use a 100 rob allen aluminum, like Marco told you, if you are using and it works for you stay with the riffe, for me is the best gun of the 3 that i mention, lots of power for a wood that thin, easy to maneuver under water and that shaft holds big fish, I use to have a shaft with a slip tip from plamen kolev (for me one of the best slip tips around), my nephew use to have a C3 and got a 110X and he is blasting fish like crazy, can get them cheap on ebay used.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• RA shafts are not any more bend resistant than a similar diameter Riffe shaft, it's just propaganda. I know because I've bent and straightened them with my hands. The reason Riffe shafts are more expensive is because they're made of stainless steel and have sharkfin tabs welded on. RA shafts rust.