RA Carbon reviews wanted

• spearos--I'm thinking about buying a RA 120 CARBON
    Can any RA Carbon owners give me their opinions on the Carbon gun please?
    I freedive reefs to 80f and small amount of blue water here in Miami.
    [I currently have 3 RA Tunas: 110, 120, 130 in alum]
    Thank you in advance.:)

• Yes only difference is the CF.
    Hau, sounds like you have a nice quiver of guns. Getting the Cf won't bring in the fish:D. IMO... get something you don't have, 140 for BW or a 90 for holed up fish. Just my 2 cents............

• Thanks Mariner--I'll be REPLACING my alum 120 with a CARBON 120.
    The 120 carbon tube is around $200-220. I like the CF blue camo, lighter weight [for my camera] and the no metal to metal sound of the CF.
    I don't hole dive where I hunt and my 130 gun just sits in the corner because it is harder to swing on the macks that speed by. Thank you for the insight. :D
    I was looking for a carbon owners review of any positives and negatives of the CF.:)

• I won´t do the change. I tried once a CF and it floats with the shaft on. It was annoying (for me). Also, a friend´s 150 CF broke at the barrel due to a big (huge) fish.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I have seen a 150 RA carbon in action and it´s accurate. I had own two carbon barrel guns and the material is real nice, but the diifference in performance between and allu and carbon barrel is negligible if not inexistent. Too much money for an upgrade that is not worth it IMO. Don´t fix it if ain´t broke. I thought you liked the RA 120 the way it is ?? You shoulda def. ´ve got The Riffe Euro in the first place. See? :D:

:innocent2:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

Edited once, last by monster slayer ().

• Yeah just get the MAKO blue tape and make the Aluminum 120 barrel blue or green cammo. Save some money if it just a visual upgrade. RA alum. are still light compare to any wood stock. And i know i get the speedy Macks with my wood guns. so i Beleive that Hau will keep them coming with alum or CA anyways. Not tomuch of an upgrade there.

• That should be a good name for the gun; THE PARGON CARBON ( ''pronounced par-gun''):D

Hey Lunker you should get the belt since you been naming the product line, first the fins now the gun, all you got left is the gear company......oh wait thats another thread.... ;)

• Sorry man...just trying to help you make a decision since its been hard for you to name your stuff.
    So I guess we'll keep waiting....:D

• Yea, I wanted a CF Par-Gun also :D

I know that the RA Carbon comes with ballest in the barrel, but I wanted to start using my gun camera all the time and the alum 120 JUST floats with the shaft out so the CF would be better for me and the camera

I don't like to use tape, just my opinion. But I did learn how to lure in the macks, kings and cudas today :cool2:

I'm just waiting till Tin Man is satisfied with his new muzzle / spike before I order one. The new muzzle and spike is exactly perfect for me. Thank you Tin Man:)

I like a round barrel gun and the CF should SOUND less metalic than the alum. I would love to have an enclosed track round barrel wood gun

LunkerBuster---I was going to just replace the barrel and use my current mech but may end up with a whole new gun. I would have it now except that Mike at FF has no CF 120 barrels AND no 120CF guns in stock:(

Thanks to all for your ideas /opinions / suggestions :D