• lol "raging puss ay" as in weak.. they are 16 mm but they seem really thick, and its a Mako 120 ( just got today and i have to say its a beast) i believe the band length is somehwere between 24 and 26 inch each. and im hip loading. Ive loaded and shot it about 10 times now and each time seems to be gettin a little easier, i dont know if its me or the bands gettin a bit stretchier. I used to be able to pretty much load my ab biller one handed this is vvery diff.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• it is a lot harder..the best advice i can give is to makea pad for your chest/stomach and learn to load there..the key is to lower the barrel down as you pull allowing you to use your larger back muscles and not just your biceps.

I'll be happy to show you what i mean next time we dive

i like to spear fish

• Something that I learned only recently (last trip actually), but it is much easier for me to pull the bands with my hands "palms up". I don't know why, but since I first started chest loading, it was always my first instinct to grab the bands "palms down".

Makes sense, really. It's the same motion as a chin-up exercise, and I can do many more chin-ups with a "palms in" grip than with a "palms out".

• it is all biomechanics..palms up or in and you can use the larger head of your biceps AND your lats and to a lesser extent you traps...if the palms are down it is all the smaller head of the biceps and a little bit of your lats...much harder.

the first time I loaded the 23" 20mm band i literally saw stars I had to pull so hard, now I can swing that bitch around almost, almost, with ease

i like to spear fish

• Something that I learned only recently (last trip actually), but it is much easier for me to pull the bands with my hands "palms up". I don't know why, but since I first started chest loading, it was always my first instinct to grab the bands "palms down".

Makes sense, really. It's the same motion as a chin-up exercise, and I can do many more chin-ups with a "palms in" grip than with a "palms out".

Like Lunker said, it's a slightly different set of muscles. Different people have different preferences.

One added benefit of loading palms down is that it frees your thumbs to control/manipulate the wishbone. :)

• ha ,, come on this thread made it this far without going gay,, but i guess all good things must come to an end. Thanks for all the advice guys im gonna give the palms up and palms down thing a try, i believe ive been doing it palms up casue it jsut seems more natural..,, the gun has dynema wishbones and rasied pin tabs on the spear which are both new to me as wel.
    also i know everyone on here has mixed feelings about Mako as a company and their spearguns but i must say i really do like this gun. It feels like an all around solid peice of work and a lot of the little details like the auto reset line release and the clips that are on the handlle and the shoooting line seem llike quality stuff. One thing id say is that the housing for the triggger assembly (the whole handle end of the gun) seems kind of plasticy (at least in comparison with lets say a rob alllen. But besides apearences the trigger is smooth and the shaft locks in tight and securely with vitually no wigglage. also i have big hands and the handle and ruber grips are very comfortable.
    thanks again guys

Edited once, last by sdeisen ().

• I don't know much about the Mako gun other than what everyone else knows, that it's the same as some model Rabitech. But one thing I can point out to you is the rubber butt pad your gun may or may not have. This rubber cover makes stomach loading more comfortable, but it also makes it impossible to grip the handle properly as it's in the way of the wrist. I don't know if it's any better when this rubber piece is removed. Based on what I've seen I would definitely remove it and use a chest pad instead, I don't consider the gun usable with that rubber piece on. But I wouldn't say that it defines the gun.

• {next time we make it out your free to try it out judah. Its probably not too dissimilar from your buechet handle wood gun. i think its a similar configuration but i may be wrong.}

I just got out of the pool and can now load the gun without any struggle. placing the loading pad on my stomach and using palms down seems to be the ticket.

• Loading a gun in the stomach is caveman technology. You are using brute strength and have to change the direction of your wrist half way thru. The easiest way to load a gun is to chest load it. The pull is straight back towards your chest palms up. If timed correctly no other method is as efficient.

And if you are loading a good size gun using the stomach loading method then your using loose bands, because bands stretched the proper amount this method would be almost impossible.

As far as Mako- (Dano) he's a straight up guy, and he takes care of his customers. I don't own any of his guns(because my brother owns Aimrite) but I do buy other things from him.