10/09/09 Surprise Surprise

• Harry and I headed out today to a new location to find lots of surprises. Best fishing I've seen so far, majority of fish were shootable on all dives, except snook and Jewfish of course. Hardly any tropicals and good vis in this area.

Also had one fish do this to me, conservative estimate at 50lbs, too bad he tore the flopper off.

Davie Peguero

• Good day today, no current, and enough vis to make out where a wreck ends and sand begins to 80ft.

Our first time out of Stuart were surprised to how much fish there are. Tons of mangos, sheepshead, monster snook and Jewfish on every dive, hardly a tropical in sight.

I was lucky enough to land these 2 gags, the smaller one bent my shaft and after a cubera tore off the flopper to my backup shaft I had to straighten it and shot the second Gag. Harry landed a nice cobia and all of the snappers.

These Pargo Russos were about half the size of some that we saw. I know for sure that there can be a new WR for the pargo russo in Stuart waters.

Size 13 Crocs for size reference

Davie Peguero

Edited 3 times, last by seaweed ().

• Didn't Dan install that flopper? I'd ask him for a Cubera refund! :laughing3: