Not bad for having a cold - Oct16

• I woke up with a cold in the morning, but i had to go because of all the preparation. It was hard to equalize, and i felt really weak in the morning. I was planning on getting in water and just take it slowly. I managed to dive, but my breath hold was not so good.

I took a couple dives, and saw a cave. I slowly approached it from a good angle where i wasn't seen. As i turned the corner, i see a gag grouper facing the corner. It did not see me. I shot it right on the top part of the back and spear came out of its mouth. It was a very solid shot, and i knew it wasn't going anywhere. But there were like 5 Jewfish ready to eat him! I swam down and untangled the mess, and i noticed a jewfish biting him. He couldn't eat him as the shaft was in the way. After a couple of dives, i remove the fish and boated him.

Davie and I went to the next spot and jumped in. I did a couple dives and then on the way up about 20ft off the bottom i noticed a King Mackerel. I took the shot and the fish took off so fast. I saw my shaft bend so much as it took off. Before i could reach the surface the fish took about 30m of line. They have a lot of speed but not so much power. I boated the fish and had fun winding in all that line.

About 20 mins later, i see another King Mackerel, and i take my shot. My reel again goes spinning. This fish didn't have that much power as the last one. I began to pull it in and here come the barracudas. Five of them surround the fish and the biggest cuda took one bite and ripped its tail off. I wasn't too happy.

Overall it was a great day diving for me. It was a little bit uncomfortable but worth the trip. It's always a pleasure diving with my good friend Davie.

• nice fish Harry! no mangos again! I'm going to start thinking you are alergic to them!

nice mutts too!

I saw some big ones in the Caymans this week :)

China V.I.P

• I really don't like shooting mangos. They are big ones everywhere, but i don't like the taste of them.

Did you notice the big lane snapper? I saw a lane snapper bigger than the muttons.

• It sure is!! Nice catch Greek. The Biajaiba(lane) reminds me of the Minutas we use to make as kids. The best..

• Looking at your catch reminds me of this site that make predators and fish eye pendants

Different

Nice grouper !!!!!!!!

Edited once, last by Luv2fdive: these are predators eyes ().

• awesome catch...glad you weren't uncomfortable with the ear/sinus cavity, that is what keeps me out of the water.

sweet haul, sucks to lose that much kingfish :(

i think it is my favorite fish to smoke, if you have a bbq or smoker i highly recommend you smoke at least one of those bad boys :)

i like to spear fish

• awesome catch...glad you weren't uncomfortable with the ear/sinus cavity, that is what keeps me out of the water.

sweet haul, sucks to lose that much kingfish :(

i think it is my favorite fish to smoke, if you have a bbq or smoker i highly recommend you smoke at least one of those bad boys :)

i steak it and put it on the grill. It's awesome and is one of my favorite fish. I had it last night. Delicious!

Jim,

I am planning on putting a camera mount in the future on my Denton

• i steak it and put it on the grill. It's awesome and is one of my favorite fish. I had it last night. Delicious!

Jim,

Fried Kingfish(steaks) is also one one my favorites. When I was a kid, and the kingfish were abound in Keywest, my grandfather would bring quite a few home. He would fry them, and all that was left over he would turn into Escabeche. He would put it in large glass jars and it would keep for a very long time.

• Best way to explain it is, that it's like pickling. It's a vinegar, lime liquid with carrots onions peppers and some spices. Can't remember everything in it. I'm sure there are recipes on line. Jamaican have a similar dish(served hot I believe) that they pronounce Escabeesh.

• i steak it and put it on the grill. It's awesome and is one of my favorite fish. I had it last night. Delicious!

Jim,

Don't scratch it!!!