11/21/09-La Santa Fe

• Beautiful conditions, top to bottom vis mostly everywhere, water 77 degrees, depths ranged from 30-60ft.

No GPS all day. everybody forgot theirs and the batteries on mine died.

the hogs are back and so is the visibility... nice day out there, when leaving our last spot it reminded me of how good things always come to an end...

• Wow, I guess the hogs are back in town. What is that little fish Pantoja is holding? Details please, vis, depth, etc....

• Naw, they're great when cooked right. Easy to shoot in cuba, very skittish here. I like the pink ones :)

Well that report was nice to hear Alan, I'm glad you guys had a good day out, we deserve it after a month of crappy conditions. Maybe the next time will be just as good.

• Naw, they're great when cooked right. Easy to shoot in cuba, very skittish here. I like the pink ones :)

Well that report was nice to hear Alan, I'm glad you guys had a good day out, we deserve it after a month of crappy conditions. Maybe the next time will be just as good.

Dan, are they really worth shooting? I have seen a few just never thought they were big enough to waste the time shooting.

• I don't remember seeing that many of the pink ones. Usually the white with yellow stripes are the ones I would see. They are really skittish and have a very small yield. I am just too lazy to waste a shot on them. I've seen videos from Hawaii where divers seem to really target them but their particular goatfish is bigger in size. I'll have to try it some day, either way those hogs sure make up for the goatfish.

• I don't remember seeing that many of the pink ones. Usually the white with yellow stripes are the ones I would see. They are really skittish and have a very small yield. I am just too lazy to waste a shot on them. I've seen videos from Hawaii where divers seem to really target them but their particular goatfish is bigger in size. I'll have to try it some day, either way those hogs sure make up for the goatfish.

Yeah same here I only ever see the white ones with yellow stripes.

.Larry O M. . .

• heiniken light i beleive

I personally will always take goatfish...they are tasty and super easy to clean and fillet which makes the low yield ok. I like em grilled (filleted or whole) and fried
    and I have 99% of the time only seen the white and yellow ones

i like to spear fish