Shark Shield?

• Well they should devise a Sealionshield, those are worst than sharks and more prevalent. Here now is imposible to shoot a speargun near the islands, cause inmediately you´ll have a huge sea lion up your ass harrassing you. The last two times I dived the Ferry and the Swan Rock, a couple of huge gangsta, badass sea lions mofos got our fish and drived us out of the water. I tried to get Innuit with their ass :D, and poke one that was too close and seeing me directly in the eye, but that bugger was waving and dodging tyson like, until he drive me out of the water.. We may use a couple of GWS or at least some killer whales to trimm a bit the S.L. population around here.

• Those look like they would give a seriously nasty bite, I would get out as well Monster.

Man, just think about it: Imagine the worst Rottweiller, bad, rad, scary and mad, then put them a couple of cressi garas 2000 and mount them on a friggin Seado scooter. multiply that by 5 and you´ll get a picture of how serious those buggers are :D

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• i have seen some cool science on the use of rare earth metal magnets to deter sharks...the hope being that they could use such metals on long line hooks and avoid by catch, but the research is really cool. they put position trackers on some sharks in a tank and places baits in the tank, one of which had a rare earth magnet (neodium if i recall correctly, some of you may recognize that if you are into audio as they make tweeters from it as well) and the trackers revealed that the sharks didn't even go in that side of the tank...pretty cool

I still doubt that anything short of a PPD to the eye will stop and agresssive shark, still the deterence method is very interesting

i like to spear fish

• Monster, that is some wild stuff having one of those guys attacking you in the water.
    Damn one of those SL would make for a great BBQ.

LB, I have only seen that once on a MythBusters show. BUSTED!!! lol

They also tested "hot sauce" which they say does work. I'm my way to the grocery store now. :)

As far as SS goes it just seems like a good start but it's just not there yet.

.Larry O M. . .

• They also tested "hot sauce" which they say does work. I'm my way to the grocery store now. :)

You'd think sharks around here would like you more with hot sauce on you.

The argument is that shark shield will not stop a feeding shark. Divers have put chum down and activated the shield, nothing happened.

The cream/lotion they are developing is derived from rotting shark flesh. Sharks avoid it for some reason, probably instinctual.

Davie Peguero

• I doubt anyone other then commercial divers if at that would be using that shark cream. Smelling like a rotten shark all day yummm.

I guess a good usefor the cream would be something like putting on a rag clipped off to your float or belt.