Sinus Pressure

• I hate going to the doctor's office. Waste of time and money to tell me what I already know.

Yesterday I had a lot pressure on my sinuses right above my eyes.After I would start my descent pain would start around thirty feet and get progressively more intense. When I would lay on the bottom it would go away or if I would level off for a second then continue my descent, I could keep going. I had no problem equalizing at all day. Anybody have any home remedies for sinuses? Also, I do nasal rinses a couple of times a week.

• I've had what you're describing a couple of times, but with me it's connected with equalization problems. I inhale saltwater through my nose to try to flush things out and let time do its thing. For me I think this problem is stress related.

• I hate going to the doctor's office. Waste of time and money to tell me what I already know.

Yesterday I had a lot pressure on my sinuses right above my eyes.After I would start my descent pain would start around thirty feet and get progressively more intense. When I would lay on the bottom it would go away or if I would level off for a second then continue my descent, I could keep going. I had no problem equalizing at all day. Anybody have any home remedies for sinuses? Also, I do nasal rinses a couple of times a week.

Last time I had that I had my first ear infection from diving.Everyones different.could be gone by the time you get to the doctors.good luck with that.

• I inhale saltwater through my nose to try to flush things out and let time do its thing.

:thumbsup5::thereyougo: That is the best remedy ever...For me because i never touch my nose for equalize is the best remedy... i usually jump in the water and do those steps adn then put my wetsuit giving it time to let loose the old goodies:D...then head to the anchor line do a couple of10 to 15 footers inmersions to help the cause,, repeat and rinse ....the mask suction will help on letting the brand new jelly fish to be born..jajaja

• Be careful diving with the pressure.

I used to have some but abit above my nostrils, under the eyes.

I decided to go deeper since the pain was bearable.

Then I heard something snap and the worst pain in the roof of my mouth. I could feel all the nerves going off like a lightning strike.

Hurt like hell and couldn't dive the whole day because any pressure would hurt worse than before.

Davie Peguero

• I want to see her do an enema :D

Good vids Marco, may really help someone who suffers from this.

Yeah, she’s hot!
    I don’t pretend to push anyone to go diving with sinusitis, just my 2 cents on how to deal when mucus is accumulated in your sinus.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• holy shit she shot that whole syringe up in there.. anyone ever done this?,, with the syringe not just with hands and sniff

If you sniff, you’re pushing your mucus into the tubes. With the syringe, there’s no pressure involved and you take all the shit out from your sinus, forehead, etc.
    You can use saline solution. Is way cheaper than the “commercial” thing ;) Sea water should be avoided to prevent infections. There is a high risk of bacteria to get trapped into your sinus.

The “pissette” is used to pee outside the wetsuit. It’s value is more noticeable when the water is cold, since the urine (liquid) affects the insulation properties of the wetsuit. You wife/girlfriend will also appreciate you not to smell like an Alfa male during mating season.... :rolleyes1:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

it's a sinus block, or squeeze, happened to me once, it keeps the sinus cavity from equalizing causing sharp pain, like a tooth ache. Clear up your sinuses with some alegra and nasacort or nasonex for a few days, you'll be good to go.

don't dive while it still hurts or you will bust up tissue in there which will make it longer to heal.

China V.I.P

• True on making it longer to heal by forcing it. Frank, your thread was like a bad omen, I haven't suffered from this for months and today we went out and I got it. Of course I powered through it and was hawking blood all day. Inhaling water through my nose allowed me to dive but it was far from relaxing. In reality it probably had to do with my cold.