Good Weather Sunday

• Hello everyone, finally got out there sunday, top to bottom viss 70 to 75 feet. Let me make this short and sweet not a lot of fish out there, we went deep, shallow back deep and nothing.Shot some hogs here and there small cuda a yellow jack but nothing crazy, 4 divers on an average 4 fish per person.I want to ask this question for quite some time now, what is the deal with the moon and fish and how can we tell. We went to decent spots, very nice reefs and cuts and I just dont understand why we did not at least see more fish,everything was small....Had a good time, good friends, great viss and water temp was nice also....

• I want to ask this question for quite some time now, what is the deal with the moon and fish and how can we tell.

Cuarto menguante. That's the best moon for fishing. Go out on December 8th (or close; 2 days before and after).

At least you had fun. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Hello everyone, finally got out there sunday, top to bottom viss 70 to 75 feet. Let me make this short and sweet not a lot of fish out there, we went deep, shallow back deep and nothing.Shot some hogs here and there small cuda a yellow jack but nothing crazy, 4 divers on an average 4 fish per person.I want to ask this question for quite some time now, what is the deal with the moon and fish and how can we tell. We went to decent spots, very nice reefs and cuts and I just dont understand why we did not at least see more fish,everything was small....Had a good time, good friends, great viss and water temp was nice also....

that's still a nice bunch of fish. I always wonder the same thing with the moon phases, but also on Sunday I had a good day out of a bad area (Boynton/LW) with some big fish around.

China V.I.P

• Good catch guys.

Moon phases are weird, sometimes it's barren other times there are monster fish. The area has alot to do with it as well. A big fish isn't going to appear like a ghost just because there is a full moon. The area has to be able to attract and keep big fish there.

Davie Peguero

• I know that moon phases are used a lot by hook and line fisherman. They use the solunar periods (position of the moon with respect to the earth) to predict peak feeding times. I can explain more to you about them if you would like.

I also know that the moon phases are also used by the HnL fisherman to gauge tides because the fish usually bite the best on the strongest tide (full moon).