not so mako

• BTW I tried that Mako gun and it was accurate. I got a solid mid body shot on a small porgy the first time I fired the gun. Steven says it was about 10ft away which is a good distance. Maybe the accuracy was due to the fact that he has it rigged with only one 16mm band. I found that weaker bands which is similar to one band make for a smoother shot, the down side is decreased penetration.

The Mako handle is uncomfortable, it would've been even more uncomfortable if Steven didn't have the loading butt off of it. The plastic of the handle looks cheap, I don't know if it's strong, tomorrow maybe I'll drop a brick on it to see. The Mako muzzle is not bad, but the holes are too big for the 16mm band and it flops around in there. The shaft was rusted to shit, it was funny because the little pins for the wishbone were shiny stainless steel. I also found loading, I mean just getting the shaft in the mech and track to be a PITA. But I suppose that particular aspect of it is no better or worse than any other rail gun.

Steven, please beat the shit out of that handle. I need to know if it has weaknesses. Don't worry about it breaking, if it does I'll set you up with another.

• BTW I tried that Mako gun and it was accurate. I got a solid mid body shot on a small porgy the first time I fired the gun. Steven says it was about 10ft away which is a good distance. Maybe the accuracy was due to the fact that he has it rigged with only one 16mm band. I found that weaker bands which is similar to one band make for a smoother shot, the down side is decreased penetration.

The Mako handle is uncomfortable, it would've been even more uncomfortable if Steven didn't have the loading butt off of it. The plastic of the handle looks cheap, I don't know if it's strong, tomorrow maybe I'll drop a brick on it to see. The Mako muzzle is not bad, but the holes are too big for the 16mm band and it flops around in there. The shaft was rusted to shit, it was funny because the little pins for the wishbone were shiny stainless steel. I also found loading, I mean just getting the shaft in the mech and track to be a PITA. But I suppose that particular aspect of it is no better or worse than any other rail gun.

Steven, please beat the shit out of that handle. I need to know if it has weaknesses. Don't worry about it breaking, if it does I'll set you up with another.

I am almost sure you were using an open muzzle railgun. The open muzzle makes loading a pain in the ass. Its almost as you have to guide the shaft down the entire rail. I like closed muzzle just like loading a wood gun if not quicker.

Is the band 16mm or 19mm??

Another thing with railguns is the mono usually gets in the way when inserting the shaft into the trigger mech. This problem is easily solved by either using a shaft with a second hole
    below the first notch or making the loop and crimp where the shaft attaches to the shaft a larger loop that would allow for smooth and quick engagement.

The loading butt is a PITA on mako guns. I would remove it. Plus you it will give you a more clear look of your arm before shooting. LOL

Did you replace the trigger mech along with the handle??

Edited once, last by Alan ().

• Alan, I don't know what you mean. The trigger and handle are integrated.

Marco, the plastic line release has too little meat around the pivot pin, I think it will potentially break in that area. The trigger, for the hell of it.

• no i just wanted to know if you replaced the entire handle trigger mech. It is one piece like you say. so YES.

Looks like that merou handle or aimrite.

Ill explain the other stuff in person

• It's a Pursuit handle. I'm just waiting for the trigger and line release to be fabricated in stainless steel before I offer it.

nice handle dan!! it looks vaguely familiar, almost omer cayman like which is no bad thing. i agree with you on the line release but i think the trigger is ok in plastic as long as it's good quality. good timing, i'm tired of getting raped every time i buy a euro handle. can you give us an estimated cost?

steve

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• Thanks guys.

IDK around $60 I suppose. Depending on the final cost. A little less for gun builders who buy a few at a time.

Note that this handle doesn't have a safety. For me this is fine as I don't use a safety, for someone else this may be a negative point.

The handles can be in a variety of colors, fluorescent green, black, red, white, yellow etc.

• Sick, it looks great, and from experience it is very comfy in my hand.

congrats Steven :toast:

please keep us posted on the development Dan...what ID tube do they fit into?

i like to spear fish