Central America report

• Hola Amigo's

I am writing you all from Costa Rica and thought I would share some photo's with all my friends here. I shot a decent DogTooth snapper in a cave yesterday and wanted to share my joy, I will give a full report when I return, until then enjoy and Pura Vida.

[/IMG]

• Hola Amigo's

I am writing you all from Costa Rica and thought I would share some photo's with all my friends here. I shot a decent DogTooth snapper in a cave yesterday and wanted to share my joy, I will give a full report when I return, until then enjoy and Pura Vida.

[/IMG]

Nice fish bro! GJ! I can't wait to hear the details when you get back!

Did it come gutted :D

• This is the area and what it looks like that we dive, very rocky pinnacles with deep water swells breaking over it makes for an interesting dive area with lot's of fish, this is a 45 minute boat ride across the bay to a very secluded spot. There are areas that are the same closer, but, we chose to make the ride for part of the adventure this time.

• We started the day with a 5lb dog tooth snapper followed by a 4lb mutton so we knew the area had good snappers and we just needed to find the bigger ones. The water vis was around 2ft and opened up more after 30ft down and this was due to the large swells this time of year along with lot's of debris and plankton like substance in the water. Towards the end of the day my dive partner swam to were I was hunting out on the point and said he found a promising cave in just 25ft of water and that it was large inside with several decent size snappers in it. My friend and I swam over to the cave and he pointed out one of the entrances to me and just so happened he said you go first so I did my breath up and swam down to check it out. I reached the entrance to the cave which was around 5ft in diameter and I held on to the rock in the entrance and pointed my gun into the dark cave when a nice size yellow tail snapper swam by, I waited to see what else I could make out after my eyes started to adjust when all of a sudden this dog tooth/cubera pointed his head out just slightly to see what was outside his hole and then turned to head back in when I shot him in his side. The snapper shot back in to the cave and started to smoke my line off my reel and it was then I realized how deep the cave went, after a tense 25 minute game of tug o war with my being as gentle as possible so he didn't cut my on the rocks he surprisingly floated out of the cave and I swam down and grabbed him by the gills and then made my kill shot with my knife and swam him back to the boat, the fillets were huge and he was very tasty with vanilla butter and garlic, hope you enjoyed my story.

[/IMG]

• great write up and wonderful pictures...there is something about ecotones that is so awesome...here, the dense jungle juxtaposed with the ocean is just very cool.

looks like a beautiful place to be

i like to spear fish

• whats up spearos heading out to coastrica in april does anybody know who goes out for spearfising freediving only:D thanks for your help:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• The pacific Dog snapper , pargo prieto ( Lutjanus novemfasciatus) is very similar to the Atlantic Cubera snapper, or Cuban snapper(Lutjanus cyanopterus ).

The one in the Pacific is smaller than his Cubera counterpart, and the Atlantic Cubera snapper is
    the hardest fish to hunt in open waters, they are so hard to aproach, even virgin fish ( never seen human) will be hard to shoot.

Gorgeous fat snapper, and those pics, you were in jurasic park, awesome.