sdeisen little fish reports

• hahahaha, I love that Hua can legitimately criticize us for not posting pics now...my how far you've come

I have come this far BECAUSE of all the help I have received from spearos here :toast2:.
    When I first logged on to this forum I didn't even know how to copy/paste:@
    And sdeisen has spent hours tutering me on how to use the computer so it was impossible for me to NOT harass him.

The weather SUCKS looking out my back door.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• FINALLLLYYYY got back in the water today.
    scott and i some where in ft. lauderdale. water was nicee 40+ feet viz and started the day with barely any current. i got a nice big male hog in the sand in about 50 feet and then a another a little shallower on the way in. we also got a few macs and bugs. its a pretty day and the conditions were still great when i got out the water. so anyone debating to go should charge on out. will try to post pictures with my roomates fancy iphone if he ever wakes up

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• dove delray today after class (from four to dark)
    insane great viz and ocean flat w/ barely any current. besides the surf.
    : didnt see much in the way of fish, a lot of jacks and ballyhoo, over sand and intermittent rockwork in about 65 feet.
    when i got to shore some assholes were shark fishing and had caught a great hammerhead with pups, very sad but some beach goers who werent completely delerious were already calling authorities.
    more to the story but i must eat before dieing.

• they are endangered, but ive been told shark fishing is legal at night

I've never heard of a law that bans day fishing but allows night fishing. What's the rational for making it legal only at night time?

• What would happen to the sea if there were no "potentially dangerous" sharks in there?

Is a question I've always asked to myself....

Sorry for the derrail. Dan, feel free to change this comment to the right place.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• out in boca today 1-4
    the heavy wind and gnarcore overcastness made me second guess going out all morning but i finallly made it to the beach. and to start off a good time some chick was sellin hotdogs by the boardwalk, which is friggen convenient.
    found an awesome patch of reef in about 60ft i overlooked in all my other attempts to yak dive boca. i dont kow if it was patch or what but it had big trenches of sand between like some places down south, a ton of jacks and barely legal mangroves around. i got some beast sheepshead. conditions above water sucked and was cold but the water was clear with little current and i felt good divin deepish with some decent bottom times (for me)

• today in boca.
    70 ft viz in 55 ft. water
    saw a lot of great life, not so much good fish.
    saw a very old green seaturtle layin on the bottom and he was freindly and had barnacles on it the size of my fist. also some really beast rays and huge swirls of bait fish.
    i swam out over the sand to chill in the baitfish hopin a king or somethin might come through. i dropped on two decent macks that were laggin behind some bonita and when i hit about 40 feet down i looked out over the sand and saw somethin wide comin in, then it gave me a broadside and dissapeared, it never came closer than prob 20 feet but it wasnt a nurse shark and it was bigger than me.
    no fish and i got cold, but it was a great day to be in/on the water

• ya thats the conflict
    im sorry ur not feel well santiago, u gotta get well asap cause im gettin tired of spearin alone which i didnt think was possible. also shadows stick to you better than me :D

• out today, in boca outiside of third reef on boat
    viz was top to bottom in 60 feet, but not much better than that. early on sea was flat and current was minimal, both picked up as the day went on though.
    we stopped to gear up and some dolphins came right up to the boat an d circled us long enough that we could jump in with them, they had a little baby in the pod and it was pretty bad ass... also saw two 6 (at least) foot green morays, one of which was swimming freely 20 feet above the bottom and another that was stealing my PB mutton off the shaft. also saw 3 humungo nurse sharks having an orgy in the sand.
    was in water from around 8 till 1. would of stayed longer but my dunkin donuts got soggy and i wass fading fast.

hope some others got out while the gettin was good

say hi to FWC.