[HD Video] Spearfishing with Bob

• Thanks Guys.

The lobsters were during miniseason

Dan,

Btw the wetsuit neck adjustment is so comfortable. You don't even feel it on your neck. Well worth it.

• Good video, I guess bad weather is good for something.

That snook spot now has a bunch of lionfish, and the jewfish is missing. I think it ate a lionfish and croaked.

Davie Peguero

• Great Vid & Music... As Dan mentioned above, it seemed like you were shooting from pretty far distance with great accuracy. Being that Im new to all of this, Im curious to know what is the safest shooting range (give or take) on landing an acurate kill shot. Im working with an Biller 48. Thanks.

• Distance is something that can be very misleading, depending on the water quality, and more so in a video. As a beginner, and even to an experienced spearo, I suggest in general you don't put so much emphasis on distance, rather just try to get as close as you can to the fish.

That said a Biller is not known as a gun for long accurate shooting. Start looking for a freediving speargun when you start to feel you're at a disadvantage with the Biller. The furthest you'll be shooting then is 15ft from the tip of the spear, but it won't be often.

• The camera has a super wide angle, that is why it looks like all the fish were shot far away when they weren't. All gopro camera's look like that.

• damn Harry, great video..you are an assassin my friend...regardless of depth of field and perspective, all very well placed shots..NICE!

the gun shows you a very wide open sight picture, do you aim or just instinctively shoot?

i like to spear fish

• I shoot in R5 mode so the wide angle isn't that much. Some of the shots are far and some are close. R3 would be horrible for spearfishing. The fish would be tiny and super far away.

I try to raise the gun as high as possible near my eye level but sometimes that doesn't happen so i guess a shoot a little bit instinctively. If you stick with the same gun you own, and shoot it over and over, your shot should go exactly where you want it to go.

• Great video - i liked how you edited the clips.

At what depth was the Cubera shot?

I would say at 70ft but i wasn't on the bottom. I was horsing him up if you could tell. I try to show the most interesting stuff in the video so i try to cut out the boring parts.