A few from Belize

• Was hunting in a cut on Saturday. Bad vis but then the current picked up strong with the incoming tide, so it improved a bit. Had the boat dropping me off near the outside and would drift past two productive holes. In less than half hour I got two nice snappers like this one, and two black groupers. Also earlier in the day I got a nice cubera (9 lbs) there.
    Two refrigerators. One is for spearbands and carrots...and fish.

Went south on Sunday and the vis still sucked. This spot is a bit deeper so it was dive and pray there would be fish. I saw a school of dog snappers but they would disappear like ghosts after I'd surface so I couldn't really stalk them. Then I went down to about 40 feet and here was this little cobia.
    We're pretty sure she was an escapee from the cage farm A lot of the cages were broken up by the hurricane two weeks ago. The manager there is my buddy so he examined the stomach and it was empty, like the fish doesn't know what to eat int he wild being in tanks and cages its whole life. It also had a wound on the tail like something had tried to bite it.

Jorge did a scuba dive with his wife. This is what they found. They're here. Shit.

• wow, thanks for the invite brother...I would love that...money is really tight for me now but as soon as I can rub two extra pennies together I am saving up for some destination spearing FOR SURE!!

you are always welcome here in miami as well, that goes for pretty much anyone on this board, you are all family

i like to spear fish

• Finally got my son Jake (pictured) out of bed and into the water yesterday. He was trying his new reel for the first time.
    We were only in the water for about 20 minutes and each got a yellow jack and the groupers that are in the picture. The jacks came cruising in and I was about 20 feet down. I shot one and then I saw Jake come down and watched him hit one. Cool.
    Then I went up to one of my spots where we see a lot of ceros. Only one came by. That's the fish on the far left in the picture.
    Went back to the channel where the current was now pretty strong with the incoming tide for one last pass. I looked in the "house" where a lot of fish hide but an 8 foot nurse shark had moved in. Still there was a nice dog snapper in there and then I saw a 20 lb + black bolt out the other side and into the channel. Shit....haha.
    I drifted another 100 feet or so along the little wall and saw two nice dogs. Dove down and met the one in the current. Nice size. Good day.

• It's the best LB. Watching as he hit that jack was really fun.
    My youngest son, 1 year and 5 months, loves to climb up and look at all the fish on the boat when we come home. MY wife said she was at the store yesterday and people would ask him, "where is your daddy"? He would say "fish....fish". haha.

• If it's cool to do, I'll just post my fish here every week....if I'm lucky enough to get any. And keep this thread going.
    The best thing about these sites for me is when guys.....or ladies....post pics and tell the story. It's a great way to share the experience and to learn from the guys who are a lot more experienced than I am.

• If you look in the background of that picture, you can see two refrigerators in my kitchen. I'm the only guy I know who has two...(.Old "Hank, two fridges, Bauman)I have 10 people in my house but the one on the left has one whole shelf full of bands and band material. My wife used to complain but with the loads of snappers coming home, she's backed off. haha.

This is a great site, Dan. Mellow, informative. Nice.