A few from Belize

• great report and nice fish...

20 meters is a nice dive Hank..how long did you have to stay down to seal the deal on that thick boy?

20.2 meters, 58 seconds on my computer.
    I did all my scuba courses in the Philippines back in the 90s and all in metric. :crazy: :D

• We got into a lot of fish yesterday. But Jake had a sinus block and got a splitting headache, so we had to cut it short and head in. That bigger mutton ran out 35 feet of line on my reel and pulled me under about three times. :)

Edited once, last by hank ().

• Check out the school master snapper. One of the bigger ones we've seen here.
    Lots of jacks cruising around yesterday. A nice school of yellows passed by a couple times so we shot two.
    So many dog snappers now. We're finding good size schools in all the cuts we hunt. That doesn't mean we're GETTING a lot of them Smart fish. It's not hard to get the first one but then....it took me two more hours to get that bigger one.
    Haven't seen a big school of muttons yet. There was a small school yesterday but they weren't that big. Water is still green inside the reef here too. Weird conditions.
    Jake put three bands on his Riffe C3x and was shooting low all day. I guess the extra kick lifts the rear of the shaft just as it leaves the gun? He gut shot 3 fish but at least didn't lose any.

• My good buddy from the Philippines came to town. He got me into spearfishing about 20 years ago while I lived there and used to sell him prawn fry for his farm near Iloilo.
    He's pretty stoked to be here because we have a LOT more fish then he gets in the Philippines. I have to run him out of town though before he gets all our grouper. hah.
    He and Jake both have new Wong 55 hybrids. Jake sleeps with his.
    We're out to my double secret spot tomorrow. I'm going to blindfold him on the way. Should be a lot of snappers hanging around.
    Below, Jake and his yellow fin grouper

Boy and his black

I got a couple dogs and a small cubera.

• A few more from yesterday. My buddy is learning fast how to free dive. We scored with muttons (5), cuberas (5) and one dog. I watched Jake lay and wait as this nice cubera came in to where he was hiding behind a coral head. Nice.

• Had an interesting day yesterday. We were a mile from our spot, 24 miles out and my ETEC 90 died. It seems the ECU burned or something. No spark. Lucky for us there was an east wind blowing so we tied the bimini top in a vertical position and "sailed" back to the barrier reef. About 5 miles outside the reef we got cell phone coverage and texted for a friend to come and get us.
    Just as we got to the cut, also one of our favorite spots, we thought we might get to jump and and get a fish or two, but the boat showed up 5 minutes later.
    I found the part I need is US$2000....holy shit !!
    It took us 3 hours to sail my skiff about 8.7 miles. hah. What a day....

• Had an interesting day yesterday. We were a mile from our spot, 24 miles out and my ETEC 90 died. It seems the ECU burned or something. No spark. Lucky for us there was an east wind blowing so we tied the bimini top in a vertical position and "sailed" back to the barrier reef. About 5 miles outside the reef we got cell phone coverage and texted for a friend to come and get us.
    Just as we got to the cut, also one of our favorite spots, we thought we might get to jump and and get a fish or two, but the boat showed up 5 minutes later.
    I found the part I need is US$2000....holy shit !!
    It took us 3 hours to sail my skiff about 8.7 miles. hah. What a day....

Same thing happened to my friends etec 90 last year the second day of miniseason luckily it was at the ramp. his boat hasn't run since... he's coming out on my boat this year.

• Same thing happened to my friends etec 90 last year the second day of miniseason luckily it was at the ramp. his boat hasn't run since... he's coming out on my boat this year.

If you don't mind me asking, why hasn't his boat run since? He just didn't bother paying for that expensive ECU? Or no one could get it running again?
    I've been tossing and turning in bed at night trying to decide whether to just shell out the bucks and get twin 40s or 50s, or just fix this motor. I was pretty tempted to get Enduro 40 Yamahas yesterday. Only $8000 for a pair but they suck a lot of gas. Twice what my ETEC would burn. Twin 4 stokes would cost twice that and they aren't flawless. Seems a lot of people have problems with them here because of dirty gas. ??
    Well, I have to get it running at least so I can sell it. We'll see.