Some beers, good friends and Golden Jacks

• Among locals, to carry a camera is not an usual thing. We are blessed with great waters not so far from home, and we do go out a lot, most of the times with no pics , having a camera handy is a rare event, and taking advantage of that situation we got some few shots of yesterday`s afternoon shootout.

The thermometer was hitting 40 C, 105º F, so Edgardo, Milton and I, went to "el aguaje" to get some real cold beer, as the thick spume of the beer was dripping from our moustaches:D We decided to go out to get some protein for a "zarandeado" party. Juan Manuel Marquez, boxing match was about to take place at night, and since Juan Ma is sparring for his next Paquiao match, he deserved to be honoured properly, so we got our stuff and headed pichilingue-bound (the internal beer gps was heading pichilingue ward, very accurately) At 4 pm we were already riding across the San Lorenzo to the near Island. At 4 : 05 I slipped into my shadow black pursuit sombra wetsuit. With a not so humble statement i`ll tell ya guys that I did look sharp on it ;) and feeling even better as the cold water from the bottom struck me every time I hitted bottom at 60 ft (notice the black shadow , sombra pants at the feet of the first pic ;). The water was unusually murky and when I was still, my gun pointed at the entrance of a cave hoping for pargo or a sardinera, I saw some shadows coming my way, I was needing air already but I waited for a couple of secs more, two big goldens were patrolling in front of the herd, but they were too fast and i pointed at the biggest of the lesser ones following them. A perfect shot. We repeated this until we completed our 5 fishes max for each diver. We headed to the beach to fillet them for zarandeado and we stopped for a couple of pics for the record. Nothing real epic, nor heroic, just a regular afternoon among friends, great time though. At the end of the evening Juan ma K. 0ut sensless the poor sparring they matched against him in round 3. We got a real good time and continued to watch mma matches on strikeforce until very late at night. I hope someday you`ll join us for a barbaric mexican style afternoon.

Until then ... :toast:

• that looks and sounds like a pretty much perfect afternoon brother..thanks for sharing it with us..

but where are the food pics, you know that is what I want...hahaha

one day soon my friend I will have the pleasure of enjoying your hospitality...i cannot wait

i like to spear fish

• You know that you`re more than wellcome Judda. I`m pretty sure someone has some cooking pics. I can`t touch the flour tortillas as delicious as they are, cause they are addictive. I had some very cold vitamin b liquid supplements tho.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• great pictures. is the wood gun a riffe Euro?

Exactly Jc, a 130. It is an accurate gun. In this case, firts trevally I shot, went through the fish ´til shooting line, and as I am using spectra, the whole thing was a mess, it entangled with my own float line and stuff. So I downgraded the gun by recessing one band back towards the base of the muzzle and I shot the other fishes that way. I liked this configuration very much, since those fishes have a very soft flesh, one band is more than enough. I really think either a 110 gun or a 50 incher is the right medicine for the species, being the 120 / 55" gun almost ideal to suit most situations. This 130 is on the heavy side for that type of hunting IMO. What I mean by that is a 130 rigged with two bands is 90% of the times overkill for this close to the coast hunts.

• Pon las fotos aquí también güey!

Nice report!

Are there direct flights from La Paz and Cabo to DF and Monterrey? Good universities close by?

I might get a job proposal to move to Mexico and I think that's the right place to be. ;)

You know what I think, but a 120 railgun is as light as it gets. Nothing tracks in the water as a pipe gun. I've tried everything.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Thanks Pucho!

Marco, there are direct flights to all major cities, either from La Paz or Cabo. Sometimes they offer good deals from San José. Either way just let me know and I´ll pick you up whenever the city you arrive in. It would be great to have you here. Here in sudcalifornia, there are no drugs, no killings, just an earthly paradise. The best place to be in México.