Broward Beach Conditions

• Hau whats up with mask camera thing? I remember hearing a lot about that not long ago. Did you get it up and running. It would be cool to see your technique.

• Sunny Isles today (late report)

begin at 830am-----------end at 5pm
    wind from NE at 4mph-----NE at 12mph
    current from N at 1mph----from S at 1mph
    viz 40f in 28fsw ----------30f in 28fsw
    seas less than 2f----------same
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 55F 10% clouds ------------70F 10%clouds

RhoudyHunter, spearcuba and me today
    spearcuba and RhoudyHunter had to go in early.
    There both got fish. Hope they will post their catch and stories
    I got 5 hogs, 1 mutton, 1 sheephead, 1 mac an 1/2 a bag of small reef fish :attack2: :fish:

Today was another stellar yak freedivingspearfishing day with good friends :thumbsup2:
    ______

• At Sunny Isles today
    begin at 8am-------------end at 5pm
    wind from SW at 6mph----E at 18mph
    current from S at 1/2mph----from S at 11/2mph
    viz 40f in 35fsw ----------20f in 15fsw
    seas less than 2f----------2-3f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 65F overcast ---72F 80%clouds

solo today
    Today was a dark day in the water with no sun
    Viz was not good due to the South to North current
    I got 5 hogs, 1 mac, 2 sheephead, 1/2 a bag of porgies and small dogs and a huge cubera snapper 25in long :thumbsup2:
    The water is still cold and I'm still wearing a full 3mm farmer john open cell suit with hood, 3mm socks and gloves

• Dan---I know it is hard to believe but I actually have several pictures that I will post soon.:)
    I looked up the cubera snapper in several of my fish ID books and they look exactly like todays cubera snapper.
    He was so big that I used both bands, the shot entered his right upper back and the spear tip punched out of his left eye by only2 inches. there was about 12in of spear in his body and head. He was aproximately 12-15f from my spear tip when I fired. As soon as the shaft hit him I sprinted for him and grabbed him an held him in tight till I got to the surface. We thrashed around on the surface till I could get my knife out. After the knife he was a lot calmer:D I gut my fish immediatly before I take them off the spear. So I brained the fish, gutted him and went to run the stringer through his gill when he reflexed and munched down on my left thumb :@
    My Mako gloves kept his canine teeth from doing a lot of damage to my thumb and I was able to get my thumb out of the glove and use both hands to pry his mouth open enough to get my glove back :rolleyes1:
    I'll post his picture as soon as I get time, promise

LOMartin--the Mask cam did not work out for me and Austins took it back with no questions as I am not the only dissatisfied LiquidImage customer. I loved the ease, function and design of the mask cam, but the picture quality was way below what I wanted. I followed greekdivers suggestion and bought a Panasonic FX37 and UW case and Tin Man camera gun mount which I will start using in the water soon. I promise:rolleyes1:

• Sunny Isles today
    begin at 8am-------------end at 5pm
    wind from E at 18mph----E at 16mph
    current from S at 1/2mph----from S at 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 30fsw ----------20f in 20fsw
    seas 2-3f-----------------4-5f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 70F 25%clouds ---75F with high scattered clouds

solo today
    Viz restricted where I could hunt today. I had wanted to go deeper but couldn't see.
    I almost didn't go out cause the weather was marginal, but once I got out through the surf I was kind of commited so I stayed out till 5pm :rolleyes1:
    Now coming BACK on the 5f surf was exciting. But I lost no gear and my yak is ok and Ill just be sore for a couple of days once I get the sand out of my ears and nose :@
    Today was NOT a level 101 yak freedivingspearfishing day with 5f seas
    Found "The Fish Barrel" today. It is a spot in the reef where all the fish come to and all you have to do is wait till they come in and then shoot them like "fish in a barrel" :attack2: :fish:
    I got 3 hogs, 1 mac, 1 sheephead and half a bag of dogs, margates an porgies.

I'll try to post some "sink of death" fish pictures next time the weather gets to bad to spear.
    ______

• spearos---the wind and surf is way up here on the beach. At 10pm the wind kicked up to 28mph and right now at 1am the wind hit 30mph straight out of the East :@
    Beach surf is 5f+
    Even if the wind stopped right now you still couldn't see your hand in the water for 3/4 mile off shore. Last time the wind was like this Dania Pier had beach erosion damage :(

• I find this thread the best and most informative thread of the year... at least for me..pics or not.

Although pics would be sweet, thanks again Hau, steve and the rest of the kayak spearo crew:goodposting:

• Sunny Isles today
    begin at 830am-------------end at noon
    wind from W at 22mph----WSW at 26mph
    current from N at 1/2mph--same
    viz 12f in 22fsw -----------same
    seas 2f and less-----------same
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 68F 25%clouds ---75F cloudless

solo today
    Viz restricted where I could hunt today. I had wanted to go deeper but couldn't see.
    I almost didn't go out cause the weather was marginal and "SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT"
    Sea is flat at the shore and gets rougher the further you go out with this West wind so I stayed within 1/2 mi of shore and therefore had no viz
    Today is NOT the day to loose your paddle with this much West wind. :@
    Glad my "scupper gives u wings":D
    I did get one fish AND lots of beach buns siteings :thumbsup2:

I"m hoping the RIB team did better today