Broward Beach Conditions

• Don't get those short pneumatics, they have no range. You'd have to practically touch the fish before you pull the trigger.

i can attest to this I shot a pneumatic the other day. A regular cressi and i pretty much saw the shaft in slow motion comeout of the gun and shoot the fish. What a pos..

Now a mamba kitted gun or maybe the new omer is another story

• 30" is 76cm which is slightly longer than the mares cyrano 700. As you may know I had one and finally got rid of it a few months back. Even at that length which is considerably longer than those pistols hau brought up, I could see the shaft fly. A 70cm pneumatic is a hole gun at best, that would make the pistols a touch the fish first gun :) I guess I could've modded the mares further by removing the high/low power separation chamber thus making it capable of holding more air. and maybe put a kit on it. But I figured if the gun shoots so poorly stock then it's not worth going any further, and after removing the chamber it loses it's value. The only band gun I've had a problem like this with was a JBL. Any wood gun rigged right, including a warped Riffe that I cut down to about 70cm, shoots great right off the bat. Just my :twocents: guys so you can save your money and not buy something you're not going to use.

• Yeah this is some of what I heard before, which is why I've yet to buy one in the first place. Thanks. I'll accept that losing fish is part of the lobster game

• hau and i 830-1230 meade
    very nice day but very cold,, i got so cold in the water i stopped shivering which at first i thought was nice but then realized something was wrong as i could not hold my breath for even a mintue at that point. we went oout to second reef and didnt see too much some dogs and lots of the usual and small hogs, spent most of time oon second then i started towing back towards first and got one decent hog on way back in,, on the second i was swimming midwater just about 20 feet down and a remora came up onto my fin then followed me for a few minutes, i was wondering where its biig freind was,, but noone showed. viz was about 25 and current was light north to south,, ill let hau post more accuratly hes better with all that.

so jsut the one fish we didnt really see anything all day but was very nice to be in the water as always and glad hau didnt puss out due to cold,, he never really pusses out though,, we were only people on the water today no boats or other yaks

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• At Meade St today
    begin at 830am-----------------------end at 1230pm
    wind from West at 5mph----from NW at 8mph
    current from N at 1 mph---same
    viz 25f in 25fsw-----------same
    seas 3f-------------------seas less than 2f
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 45F, 90% clouds--60F, overcast

Exactly as sdeisen has said today was:toast:
    His hog is much better than the picture shows. That was a nice hog he got.
    I got bad karma an got no fish but had a great time in and on the water. We had one boat follow us around, guess he thought we were gettin fish:laughing3: I saw 2 eels, got to walk the beach feeding sea gulls before we went out and had a very long great YAKSURF back onto the beach :thumbsup2:

• i need to just put a ruler on that cutting board,, haha sorry to keep you waiting, but im sure the seaguls with their full bellies will thank me.. P.S that hog was a very very pregnant and my fishes got caviar today :D, wish i had a picture of them going to town on it

• wow steve that is really cool..I wish that we could have gottem more eggs into our reefs for more edibles, but that is a really really cool way to use the row(roe)

way to keep it real out there guys :)

Dan, i felt like we all had this convo before...i wasn't really advocating the 30" air gun as much as suggesting that if Jamie wanted a little air gun, he shouldn't go smaller than that. should have been clearer...I still recommend just diving with the gun and using it as a marker for the holes...that's what I do...I suck at catching lobsters though so I never am far from my gun :)

i like to spear fish

• today went with some freinds by boat to a place off fort lauderdale called "the caves". they were scuba diving collecting tropicals so i tagged along to get some fishing in. to make a long story short a very beautiful place but nothing in the way of hogs or snapper or macks. Saw several very nice gags and blacks that made me really test my self control with this friggen closure and all.(but im glad i held off cause some gov. dudes gave me and my truck the full aenema when the boat dropped me off at my truck). the viz out there was crazy good (relatively speaking) at least 50++ feet.
    also today reminded me why i love kayak spearfishing so much,, i was up before five this morning trailored a boat around for an hour launched it waited for everyone to get there shit together all jsut to be back in in time for school. although given more time it would of been nice to hit some deep spots. anyway oceann was rough, viz was goood, water and air was chilly, hope some others made it out today cause the viz was worth goin out.

• At Meade St today
    begin at 930am-----------------end at 430pm
    wind from North at 10mph----from West at 8mph
    current from N at 1 mph-------same
    viz 55f in 25fsw-----------------30f in 25fsw
    seas 2-3f-------------------------seas less than 2f
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 50F, 10% clouds-----64F 10% clouds

Scott and I at Meade st today
    Scott got a nice hog or two before he had to quit and go in to shore at noon.
    I got to stay in the water 4 1/2 hours longer and limited out on hogs and other reef fish :thumbsup2:
    2 of the hogs were very big (for me).
    Saw NO macs and no turtles the whole day:confused1:
    Today was a beautiful yak freedivingspearfishing day :thumbsup2:

jbrewer---hope you have a full and speedy recovery bro

• At Meade St today
    begin at 930am-----------------end at 5pm
    wind from North at 10mph----from West at 15mph
    current from N at 1 mph-------same
    viz 55f in 25fsw-----------------30f in 25fsw
    seas 2-3f-------------------------same
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 45F, 10% clouds-----64F 10% clouds

Me and jbrewer at Meade St. today.
    jbrewer did great for his first day back in the water and he has a BRAND NEW YAK :thumbsup2:
    I was swimmin around, looked down and saw a spear layin on the bottom. I grabbed it and it looked brand new.
    First thing I did was check to see if it was long enough for my gun but it was not. I looked around an jbrewer seemed to be staying in the same spot so i just held the found spear in my left hand and started working my way back to the yak to stow the spear. Next thing I heard jbrewer yell, I looked up and jbrewer said "great, you found my spear".:laughing3:
    I got 5 hogs, 2 mutton and half a fish bag of reef fish. One hog is like 22-23in, I haven't measured him yet. I hit a NICE mac but underestimated his size and forgot to let some brake off my reel and he almost tore my ET gun out of my hand before he tore off:(
    Today was another great yak freedivingspearfishing day with friends. :D
    I gotta log off an go buy a freezer to put fish in :thumbsup2:

• You are right about the pictures Marco.
    Our viz has been so bad that I quit carrying the camera, but I will start throwing the camera in my dry bag starting today.
    Sdeisen took some pictures of the last 2 days speared fish but it was with his phone so not sure he can post them here.