Broward Beach Conditions

• i personally have a mutton curse, so this doesn't apply, but i find many of my best fish hanging out under my kayak after i scale my catch...the scales slowly drifting in the current seems to bring in a lot of hungry and curious fishies

i like to spear fish

• Late post,

Went out Sunday morning in the 954 area,
    Water was clear35'+ and very warm.
    Lots of fish around but not much worth shooting.
    Got a mutton and a hog.

Then came Mr.BlackTip.
    Craziest shark I have ever seen kept attacking my head even after man pokes to the face and side of body. The shark showed up right after I shot the hog and followed me to shore(35min swim). He was 6' long not sure on weight and not good and guessing. Also, one of the times when I couldn't see him he circled around and bite the fish off the float.

• LOMartin--sorry you had a bad time with the tax man :shark4:
    Glad you are ok bro :toast: You have a PM
    I don't like to do this, but if I feel threatened and it is a choice of getting run out of the water or continuing to spear, then "PPD is your friend"
    :attack2::shark1:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• LOMartin-- at first I was going to PM the following to you, but later thought that it MIGHT be helpful to other spearos as well.
    If you are ever FORCED to shoot a shark in self defense, I might suggest NEVER spear a shark, but instead use a PPD.
    Almost every 5-6ft or larger shark will swim off with your spear and maybe gun AND the shark might later be found with your spear in it by some shark hugger:(
    Also, if you are forced to PPD a shark and you choose not to bring it to shore, I might suggest gutting the shark to ensure that it sinks to the bottom. That way the shark is less likely to wash up on the beach
    Just my opinions and personal suggestions in an effort to be helpful

• want a mutton tip. dive without using your fins to get to the bottom. thats what your weight belt is for.

they will come greet you half way. Last weekend I had to move back to shoot one that was too close.

I then proceeded to shit him thru the eye with my RA

• I got a Mutton (one and only) about a month ago in 70'. My trick...lots of luck. It was a long shot, about to the end of my line, and I followed him long enough to get him curious/annoyed enough to go broadside to check me out. Like I said it was a long shot and I knew he would run after this so I let it go and I hit him pretty low;he tore free so I had to reload and pin him to the floor. Like I said lots and lots of luck. :cool2:

Hau, I wish I would have seen your post this morning. I met two guys from SB in Hollywood, when I got there it was as you described. But the one drove from Homestead and wanted to go since he drove an hour; if it were me I would have gone home. I was lucky since this was my maiden voyage for my boogie board float I had something to hold onto; and it was needed. seas were 3'-5' and you couldn't see the bottom till you ran into it. We did our exercise in futility for the day and after several dives we all decided to head back in. Vis was ~4' at best. On the up side the float seems like it will work great and for the shore dives it is nice to have a rest platform. Plus the last 30 yards or so I was able to ride in a nice wave to end the trip. Next time I will read this section first, :thumbsup2:.

• beach/yak spearos---today is rough again.
    Wind is 24mph from NE, gusting to 28mph and building.
    Sea is green with whitecaps as far as the eye can see.
    Not a boat or swimmer to be seen
    Our skies are aprox 80% clouds
    Is too rough for me
    Maybe tomorrow will be a better day :pray:
    Hope this helps