Broward Beach Conditions

• Nice going hau with the sticker, what a bunch of a-holes. Next time get in the boat and bring the yak aboard, then let them turn the yak upside down and shake it really good.

Davie Peguero

• Dan--naa, they knew exactly what I meant when I said "field testing spearfishing equipment for Pursuit.

Kyle c--YES you have to have a PFD on a yak.
    I use a SOS just like the FWC guys that stopped me were wearing:D
    "To be completely legal you SHOULD be WEARING your PFD Mr. Hau"

You can buy one here:
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=99713&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10107&subdeptNum=10494&classNum=11115
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/…000000_225017000_225-17-0

• They always get like that before mini season. I'm sure it will be a circus out there tomorrow.

100% correct sir (the circus starts at midnight)
    Believe me, it's a REAL circus in the Keys during mini season
    In the Keys we would get stopped and searched by: FWC, Monroe County Sheriff, Homeland Security and Coast Guard almost every day :(

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• im so over that crap,, That makes me so upset i cant explain it. i know this seems unrealistic to say but cant they recognize and respect someone who looks like they belong in the ocean,,, its not like haus a 14 year old kid with his dads speargun, no flag up, and a yak full of 7 inch hogs. He clearly shouldnt be "effed" with (regards to Don Paul's cursing wishes). And ive seen hau in enough situations to know he was COMPLETELY complient and respectful, which in the end is best cause it saves time and headache but i dont think my temperr would of handled that situation,, i think i would of been runnning my mouth.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• steven I completely agree...I am so glad hau was stopped instead of me, not only does it make us all look good (he is more equipped and ready than anyone on a 24 ft boat) but because he handles it well...I get annoyed at the tone and attitude...if you come over and search me, fine, if you come over to me like I am a poacher without any reason other than the fact that I am in the water...then we have a problem....I have filed many officer complaints and will continue to do so each and every time I am treated discourteously...

i like to spear fish

• Though I agree with you guys I feel we forget how many A-holes these guys deal with on a daily basis and perhaps speaking to them in hostile ways just adds to that. I use to do similar work (inspections of vehicles) on a closed military base and when everyone (and most do) give you crap it is hard to be courteous; plus they/we are trained to approach every person as a possible threat; this is for safety so not to let your guard down. I have a buddy that is a FWC officer and he could vow for how hard it is to deal with people like that every day. At some point you just want to go and get it done and not worry about pleasantries because 90% of the people there will be rude just b/c you stopped them. In the work I did, and I am sure there's is similar, those who are being nice may be attempting to hide something; so overall being nice about things isn't really in the cards and is just part of being on the water; though an annoying part. My buddy Mike and I would get stopped every time we went out fishing by Marine Patrol back home. Some officers do take being an ### hole as part of their job requirements though and take it too far. Catch 22 I guess.

• i hear what your saying,, it just seems like if you dont know how to cope and deal with old people then dont woork in a nursing home,, and if u dont know how to differentiate(to some extent) between possible threats and a person alone iin a kayak a mile out into the ocean, then maybe law enforcemnt wasnt a great choice. A lot of FWC guys ive met give me the vibe that they could be doing anyjob and hating it just as much. on the other hand theres been a few pretty mellow ones that saw clearly that everythings in order and recognized theres no need to hastle.

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 8am-----------end at 6pm
    wind from NE at 5mph------from E at 12mph
    current from N to S at 1 1/2mph-- same
    viz 40f in 40fsw ------25f in 15fsw
    seas 2f-------------2f
    water temp 86F
    air temp. 84F 10% clouds ---96F 20% clouds

No FWC movies for us today :D
    Me an Rhodyhunter spearin together. (safety in numbers)
    Boats were wall to wall where we were spearin :(
    We saw almost no shootable fish but had a beautiful day on/in the water.
    Was funny seeing 40-50f mega yachts INSIDE of the first reef:rolleyes1:
    I lucked out an got 2 hogs an 2 macs.
    Thanks for goin Rhodyhunter:toast:
    "We had fun, thats all that matters" JLB
    _____

• yeah some of my fav. ocean days produced no fish,, also i came by the beacch jsut to sulk a little before class and had a good laugh at the huge sport fishing boats all within a 2 min swim distance from shore,, lol ppl are such tools.
    glad u had fun on the water brother!

• sdeisen--thank you. Wish you could have gone spearin with us bro

spearos--for the spearos that can only spear weekends, this forecast looks good for you :toast:

THURSDAY
    SOUTH WINDS 7 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS LESS THAN 2 FEET.

FRIDAY
    SOUTH SOUTHWEST WINDS 7 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS LESS THAN
    2 FEET.

SATURDAY
    SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 8 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH SOUTHEAST.
    SEAS LESS THAN 2 FEET.

SUNDAY
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 7 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS LESS THAN 2 FEET.

MONDAY
    SOUTHEAST WINDS 6 TO 9 KNOTS. SEAS LESS THAN 2 FEET.
    National Weather Service
    Generated 0253 UTC, Thursday, Jul 29, 2010
    _____

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 8am-----------end at 4pm
    wind from SE at 5mph------from E at 14mph
    current from N to S at 1/2mph-- N to S at 1 1/2mph
    viz 40f in 40fsw ------25f in 25fsw
    seas 2f-------------2f
    water temp 86F
    air temp. 84F no clouds over us---96F no clouds over us

Me an Rhodyhunter again today. Thanks for going Rhodyhunter :toast:
    LOTS less boats today
    Got stopped by FWC AND city police boat officers :(
    We saw FEW shootable fish and NO bugs. (Me and Rhodyhunter don't catch bugs. Last one we saw was 2f long an walking across open sand) :rolleyes1:
    I got 2 hogs and 2 macs again today
    Today was another beautiful yak freedive spearfishing day

VERY nice bugs fishingdude.:thumbsup2:
    Congratulations sir :toast:

• Thanks guys! I will be heading out tomorrow out of Port Everglades to hopefully shoot my first wahoo. But we'll probably end up with just a bunch of dinky dolphin lol. Story of all my bluewater trips!