Broward Beach Conditions

• similar conditions today, put in at 2pm out by 5pm. vis was HORRIBLE and current ripping south, lost my anchor too :( No fish to show either, great day on the water, nice to see the sun out for the first time in a week :cool2:

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am--------end at noon
    wind from N at 3mph---N at 6mph
    current N to S at 2mph --same
    viz 15f in 18fsw--------same
    seas flat-------------less than 2f
    water temp 80F
    62F cloudless--80F 25% clouds overhead

Is amazing that the sea can change so radically. For the last several days we were havin near hurricane conditions an this morning at 7am there was blue sky and FLAT seas.
    Lots of bugs on the reefs, as several yak spearos limited out in short time this morning.
    Today I switched to my 3mm open cell suit and did not get hot. Several other yak spearos did the same. You don't NEED a suit yet, but after 4 1/2hours in the water today, I was still very comfortable. I love my Pursuit 3mm 2pc camo open cell
    I lucked out an got 1 hog, but he was not as big as putmeincoach's hog. Good job in the crap viz today sir I was just happy to be back in the sea.

______

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am--------end at 2pm
    wind from N at 8mph---N at 10mph
    current N to S at 1mph --same
    viz 35f in 18fsw--------20f in 18fsw
    seas less than 2f-------2f
    water temp 80F
    61F cloudless--78F 25% clouds

Viz was much better today but threatening weather conditions kept me in shallow water an I only saw 1 shootable fish all day. With this mornings sub 70f temperature I was GLAD to have a 3mm suit
    So I got one 28in mack, but two big rottweilers ate my fish before I could get it home :laughing:

• Brother spearos--I'll not be posting any spearin reports for a little bit, as I was hit by a car yesterday while I was doing my 6mile triathlon training run. Putmeincoach is doing an excellent job with his conditions reports AND pictures. I'll post again as soon as I'm back in the water in a week or so.
    Be safe out there.
    (PS--is safer spearin than running down the street) :)

• stopped by the ocean up here in boca today and it was beautiful flat even at noon,, but water looked brown brown brown,, wondering if anyone knows what the viz a little further out is like

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Who says I haven't been out? :laughing:
    Was out yesterday evening until almost dark, south of Haulover. Viz ~15ft in 20ft, tons of particulate. 2 bugs and 15in hog.
    Different spot but same general area this morning looking for a quick limit of bugs. Viz pretty much the same in 20 ft, then ~25ft in 35+. I had a super strange run in with a boater. This dude pulls up to me in a ~12ft boat and starts telling me he's going to "save me." I was like dude, my kayak is longer than your boat.. I'm out here on purpose. He finally got the point and left. I managed a limit of 6 bugs.. they haven't been shallow these past few weeks, I was in 37ft before I finally found a reef that was holding. Also 1 medium mac, which is in the oven as I type.

Yesterday was the first day I wore my new 3mm Pursuit. I absolutely love it, huge improvement over the shit I was wearing last season. Thanks Dan:thumbsup2:

Edited once, last by Nate ().

• Late report for; 11-4-11__#80-2011m2
    South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am--------end at noon
    wind from W at 5mph---SW at 12mph
    current S to N at 1/2mph --S to N at 1mph
    viz 25f in 22fsw--------22f in 22fsw
    seas flat------------less than 1f
    water temp 79F
    62F 10% clouds overhead--82F cloudless

If you listened to NOAA you fuc-ed up today :laughing:
    I looked out the back door and the sea was FLAT, FLAT
    Seems like everyone else read NOAA also, so I was all alone out there AND even had viz
    Lucked out an got a 15" an 16" hog and one 32" mac
    I was just very happy to get out today :thumbsup2:
    I LOVE my Pursuit 3mm. This is my 3rd year with the same suit. :thumbsup2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau: wrong date ().

• Great Hau you are back! I was also planing to head out today on the boat but had no one to go with... Arr I saw the webcam in the morning, was Flat indeed.

• 11-5-11__#81-2011m1
    South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 8am--------end at 1130
    wind from W at 10mph---W at 5mph
    current S to N at 1mph --S to N at 1mph
    viz 18f in 18fsw-----same
    seas less than 2f----same
    water temp 79F
    61F cloudless--86F cloudless

Today was another good weather surprise, but not as good as yesterday and the viz was less today also. I didn't have much time or viz so I just stayed on the 1st reef and didn't see any shootable fish today. I was still happy to just be able to be in the water :D
    The conditions started getting worse shortly after I hit the beach as the waves and wind picked up.