Broward Beach Conditions

• Sounds like an excellent day on the water, glad you guys got out and found the fish. How was the bottom out in 90'?

Mostly sand with a few sparse rocks. I have 75ft + chain on my anchor line and it was hovering about 8-10ft off the bottom.

• Great report Nate. Was definitely a nicer then expected day. Too nice for me unfortunately. Spent most of the day on the water and only a little bit in it.

My dad enjoys offshore fishing too much :crazy:, and well its his boat and Im just happy to be on the water. Plus when we find things floating or good weed lines I get to jump in and nail some Pelagics.

So we spent most of the day fishing, caught a nice 10lb mahi on a current rip and we had a few other knockdowns. Didn't come across anything holding fish though.

Later in the day I dove the second reef near the south end of Hollywood. Current was a perfect crawl to the south and vis was about 30'. Temp about 72. Saw a few small macs, hogs, porgys, a school of spades but passed on em. Totally missed a monster mac that came and checked me out while I was catching a bug that ended up being short. Pointing my snare at him and imagining it was my gun didn't seem to do the trick.

Didn't spear a thing but still had a pretty great day.

Dan, Ive got a fillet with your name on it. I can bring it to you tommorow.

• 1-28-12__#9-2012m2
    South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 9am--------end at 1230
    wind from N at 10mph---N at 3mph
    current Sto N at 1/2mph --N to S at 1/2mph
    viz 40f in 40fsw-----same
    seas less than 2f----almost flat
    water temp 73F
    70F overcast------84F 50% clouds

Nate gave a perfect report of todays conditions, thanks brother and glad to see you and sdeisen out there in deeper water. :toast: I would have paddled to you but I had to get in to go to work again.
    I shoved off a little later start due to problems at work. If you missed spearin today then you missed an epic winter day spearin in S. Florida:thumbsup2: I worked in just 40fsw and saw fewer fish but managed 2 hogs, a trigger and a 30in mac. Today was a perfect yak freedive spearfisning day.

Good luck tomorrow brothers and be safe

• :)

Did you like the butt?

I love the butt. :laughing: It instantly solved my difficulties in loading. And since its so integrated, it cups the top of my hand way better adding a huge amount of contact area to my grip. And it does it without blocking the gun/spear like other butts I've used. I also think it looks better with the butt then without. Couldn't be happier with it.

Edited 2 times, last by Reefchief ().

• how's the water been lately? i go to school out of state but i'll be home thursday-sunday. i'm hoping to get out and yak from meade a couple times this weekend. i see it's supposed to be around 2-3 ft for the weekend, anyone some more recent reports for the area?

thanks in advance

• 2-17-12__#10-2012m2
    begin at 8am--------end at noon
    no wind---wind S to N at 13mph
    current S to N at 1/2mph --same
    viz 35f in 35fsw-----30f in 30fsw
    seas flat----seas 2f
    water temp 73F
    73F no clouds overhead------82F no clouds overhead

FINALLY got out again :thumbsup2:
    Sea was FLAT FLAT this morning, sun was warm, no current and no wind
    Not many fish about but one trigger and one mack left with me at noon today

• 2-18-12__#11-2012m2
    begin at 8am--end at 1230
    no wind-------wind S to N at 5mph
    current N to S at 1/2mph --none
    viz 30f in 30fsw---same
    seas flat------seas 2f
    water temp 73F
    68F no clouds overhead------84F no clouds overhead

OMG todays conditions were perfect, except the 30f viz
    Got off work an went straight to the beach an there wasn't a spearo in sight all day :confused1:
    I dropped anchor in 30fsw and the anchor line laid on the surface with no current and no wind
    Even the water didn't feel cold like it was February
    Ended with a nice sheep, mac and 4 other fish.
    Hope others got out to enjoy todays conditions

• Got out yesterday for a little bit solo. Went south of the Hillsborough Inlet in 40 feet of water. Conditions were great despite the SWesterly blow at 20 knots. Vis was 30 plus and no current at all. Got a couple of jacks and a hog. Saw a decent size black laying sideways on the bottom but it took off before I could get too it for a closer look. Gags were everywhere, even in the shallows. Must have seen 5 of them in the 20-25 inch range. It was pretty nice out there.

Oh, and hand wrangled a couple of lobsters to boot. Didnt have a snare...

• Nice Bulit. You didn't notice a current from the south at all? I did a beach dive out of the Lauderdale area yesterday morning and got my ass handed to me by current from the south.. I was planning on diving further north, but the A1A marathon put a stop to that. It took everything I had to not end up a mile north of where I entered, glad you had better conditions. The vis was nice though. :D

• Nice Bulit. You didn't notice a current from the south at all? I did a beach dive out of the Lauderdale area yesterday morning and got my ass handed to me by current from the south.. I was planning on diving further north, but the A1A marathon put a stop to that. It took everything I had to not end up a mile north of where I entered, glad you had better conditions. The vis was nice though. :D

No, I had zero current and was able to stay on my spots pretty easily. I was 1/4 mile east of the mooring buoys and had the boat tied up to them. I was able to swim out eastward and back over some nice reef and the old outfall pipe and not get swept away at all.:toast: