Off to the Philippines

• I'm outa here for almost a month. Leaving Saturday for Manila then Iloilo. Spending a lot of quality time with my two beautiful granddaughters and doing a dive trip to Tubbataha Reef.
    We're going out there on my buddy's 85 foot banka (see pics below) and stopping at Cagayancillo and a few other islands to hopefully get some fish like the one below. The pictures are from a trip we did to Coron back in 08. We dove all the Japanese ships that were sunk there at the end of WW2. That's Carlos in the first pic and the lady in the bikini in the 2nd is my daughter....so back off you fricken horn doggers. :-))
    My best friend on the planet, Boy, (with the fish) says there's lots of fish around at his place at Nogas off the south tip of Panay also.
    I won't post any pics that we don't get free diving....:nono:....but they do scuba spear there. I'm so fricken stoked. Tubbataha is unreal. No spearing there but it'll be great to just see so much unspoiled fish and reef.
    Then about a month after I get back it'll be snapper time here. Yep, this is going to be a good next few months.
    I'll try to get some good pics. Later on my brothers. :thumbsup2:

Jake...my son and best diving buddy.

Edited 3 times, last by hank ().

• Hi Hank,
    I have read some of your posts and found them interesting, being from the Philippines i am curious about your good friends in Iloilo(Boy) who has a place in Nogas Island. Does he run trips around the area or is this a purely private affair. I have visited most of the dive sites in the Sulu Sea (Tubataha Reefs, Jessie Beasley, Basterra, Bancoran, Arena, Cavili and of course Cagayancillo). All of them are great, just too bad that fishing is no longer allowed in Tubataha and Jessie Beasley. If there is any good hunting around Nogas Island i would like to know who to touch base with in that area. Maybe you can point me in the right direction? Enjoy your trip to the Sulu Sea, this is definitely the best time of the year to experience that place.

Dars Padilla

• Hi Hank,
    I have read some of your posts and found them interesting, being from the Philippines i am curious about your good friends in Iloilo(Boy) who has a place in Nogas Island. Does he run trips around the area or is this a purely private affair. I have visited most of the dive sites in the Sulu Sea (Tubataha Reefs, Jessie Beasley, Basterra, Bancoran, Arena, Cavili and of course Cagayancillo). All of them are great, just too bad that fishing is no longer allowed in Tubataha and Jessie Beasley. If there is any good hunting around Nogas Island i would like to know who to touch base with in that area. Maybe you can point me in the right direction? Enjoy your trip to the Sulu Sea, this is definitely the best time of the year to experience that place.

Dars Padilla

Hi Dars,

I sent you a PM with Boy's contact info. Maybe we can hook up.