OMER Zero mask & Slalom snorkel review

• I just picked up an OMER Zero 3 Mask and the new Slalom snorkel.

OMER zero 3 mask.

APPEARANCE: I'm not particularly fond of how the mask looks, but I think it will grow on me. It's sort of batman-esque.

SEAL: I haven't had it in the water yet due to some weather, but outside the water it seems to seal well. The skirt feels slightly better than the OMER alien, or bandit.

COMFORT: The strap buckles rotate roughly 30* up and down, and have some in and out play as well. The strap is fairly stretchy, and has a wide back, which makes for an overall comfortable wear.

Overall, I like the mask thus far. The only problem I foresee, is they may have went a little too low volume with the mask. when I wear it now, its quite comfortable. If I apply a little pressure, I can feel the corner of the lens (by the bridge of the nose) on my brow, and it's sort of uncomfortable. I can see where it would become a problem after a day of diving.

OMER slalom snorkel.

There isn't much I can say about the snorkel at this point. It contours my face very well, and isn't too soft where it will collapse on itself. The only thing I don't like is it didn't come with a clip.

I'll check back in later this week, once I can get some time in the water.

• I bought the both of them too. I liked the mask until I got it in the water. With my snorkel in my mouth, the mask leaked. That was a bummer because I really liked how comfortable it was and the large field of view.
    My impression of the snorkel so far is that it works just like a snorkel.

• I prefer the Sporasub Piranha mask over the omer Zero. The Sporasub Piranha and OMER Zero 3 masks fit similar, and both fall in the new ultra low volume freediving masks category. I found that between the two the Sporasub Piranah offers better peripheral field of vision, and seals a little better under the nose.

• I prefer the Sporasub Piranha mask over the omer Zero. The Sporasub Piranha and OMER Zero 3 masks fit similar, and both fall in the new ultra low volume freediving masks category. I found that between the two the Sporasub Piranah offers better peripheral field of vision, and seals a little better under the nose.

The Piranha should be an evolution of the Zero... removed sharp batman corners, also I think they did something about the complains about the pressure in the bridge zone... but I haven´t seen the piranha in person, I use the batman one and am very happy with it :)

• Everyone that I know who has tried the Zero3 mask complains that it crushes the bridge of their nose. I tried it on and it definitely doesn't fit me. The Sporasub Mystic is a much nicer fit. I've been using a frameless mask that's not too low volume for a while, but I think I may try one of the Micromasks in Hawaii this winter. Everybody raves them

• Everyone that I know who has tried the Zero3 mask complains that it crushes the bridge of their nose. I tried it on and it definitely doesn't fit me. The Sporasub Mystic is a much nicer fit. I've been using a frameless mask that's not too low volume for a while, but I think I may try one of the Micromasks in Hawaii this winter. Everybody raves them

It did that to me too in the beginning but not anymore... it's a matter of adjusting it well but I understand that it won't work fro everyone

• I recently bought the OMER Zero3 and here are my thoughts:

1) A first I was worried about the mask leaking because I read some peoples' faces don't work with it. The first few times out, I thought I was one of them because I was getting some leakage. What I found was that, for my face anyhow, I needed to wear the strap far lower on the back of my head than I was used to. After I did that, no more leaks. I imagine other people will have to play with the strap configuration a bit to find out how to fit it correctly for their face.

2) A good shave is crucial for this mask. There is very little rubber with which to make a seal, so a couple day's worth of stubble might be enough to make a seal more difficult.

3) I still compensate the mask around 20-25', but only a tiny bit, and noticeably less than my last mask. The ultra low volume does make a big difference.

4) The visibility is excellent, as many other have stated. I like the high view aperture because when diving, I'm usually looking slightly up, so the placement of the lenses is very good.

• If it fits you its a great mask! Mine is almost 3 yrs old, the strap broke fairly quick, other than that is the best mask I have tried ( for me).

• I'm using the OMER UP-M1 mask and it's better than Zero3....Im my case it doesn't hurt my forehead as Zero3 did!

The silicon is softer than Zero3....Field of view is smaller in any algles!!!

Bruno Teixeira