Abellan Denton - Partner in Crime

• Yes, but be careful and remove little wood at a time.

• Hahaha 90 euros/$110. Which is why I had them ship me 2 triggers, a spare shaft, all at once. I also waited for the exchange rate to be acceptable.

Looking into getting some more spear stuff from a company in Germany I have used before so curious at what rate you ordered your stuff at?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• $1.23 to 1 euro! A couple months ago.

Glad I asked!! Will wait arround for better rates, I think your gun build is the bees knees by the way :thumbsup2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• It worked really well, I have to adjust the ballast a bit in the back. I'll drill a pocket out and make a cover from Stainless like the front has.

• Hell yeah man, great way to break it in. :thumbsup2:

• Hey JimCuda, I've been looking at that exact Abellan 120 and wishing they made it as a midhandle. Then amazingly saw your build. Couple of questions: with the same bands, did you make the distances from muzzle to spear identical? Also, would you consider making another of those? It looks awesome- if so what would you want for it? thx!

• Hey JimCuda, I've been looking at that exact Abellan 120 and wishing they made it as a midhandle. Then amazingly saw your build. Couple of questions: with the same bands, did you make the distances from muzzle to spear identical? Also, would you consider making another of those? It looks awesome- if so what would you want for it? thx!

The distances are nearly identical. The point was that I could use the same shafts and bands for each gun, so they serve as backups. The visibility here can change quite a bit, so it's nice to have two guns.

As far as selling; I'm not really interested. The thing is, you're probably going to be served well by getting a standard setup. If you want to shoot euro shafts, the new wide mouth mechs are better in some respects, there's more room for line. The overall length of a gun isn't that critical in a midhandle, so if you make it an inch or two longer, you won't notice it as much.

Oh, and thanks for all the nice fish comments, guys!

• As far as I am concerned, you are still gay even though your wife is pregnant.