Kitto M6 mech now has resetting release

• I really like Bill Kitto's three part M6 trigger mechanism, and I just ordered one for my next gun build. In corresponding with him, I learned that he now offers it with a spring resetting line release. His release uses a tension spring recessed in a slot on the outside of the gun, as shown in his pictures below.

I kind of like my own torsion spring release, but I just thought I would mention it as an option for anyone interested.

• Jeff, that's how straight shaft builds his resetting line release going back a few years. Nice to see it here in your detailed pics as I recently asked him for the same, thanks for posting. It's another option although like you I prefer when it's all tucked out of sight.

• Looks nice I will be ordering one this week for a Blue water gun I am finishing.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Pucho - That's not my gun in the pics. Kitto sent me those photos just to show what the spring loaded release looks like. Based on what I can see, I don't think that his spring loaded release would be difficult to install. But I kind of like my torsion spring release, so that's what I will probably use.

The mechanism itself takes just a little more care to install because of the way it is constructed from a bent piece of sheet steel. It tends to be just a little bit thicker on top. Once you get the trigger pocket the right width for the majority of the housing, you will have to open up the top of the pocket slightly, especially if recessing the mechanism deep enough for an enclosed track. It's just a tiny bit, though. Probably around 1/32". The picture below from Kitto's website sort of shows how the top is just a hair wider.

• Kitto t.m. are superb. I wonder why his guns are not that popular compared with others in the same price range and less features and capabilities. An unfinished model is far better than any comercial gun around and better than most "custom" guns too. I guess that got to do with advertising. I had my self a Kitto gun, but i am not of the Blue water type, so i had to let it go ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Not to knock the guy(I know Kitto makes great stuff) but the finish in Jeffs pic looks pretty crappy. I don't like that screw spring thing sticking out the side. Looks more like a quick fix than a permanent finished product. Sorry if I offend.

Edited once, last by Toledo ().

• Kitto guns are not pretty from the pics I've seen. That muzzle that he likes to use is one of the ugliest designs for a speargun IMO.

Not only that but he also has one of the ugliest manicures I've seen:D.

• I'll agree with your assessment of the stock in the pics. I'll only add that I know nothing else about the gun. Could just be an old beater that he was using to test out the design.

I agree, he was probably just dry fitting everything on the gun and then later finished it. I hope anyways.