Frickin' Jake.. spearfishing Belize

• Yes, it does. I found an online manual and Jake started pushing buttons on his D4 last night.
    Pretty amazing piece of gear.
    You can go into the history and not only see the depth and time, but you can see the whole profile. As the dive starts you can see how deep you were at how many seconds into the dive. How much time on the bottom. Unreal.
    And yes, the alarm was set at 102 feet. Why? Not sure. But at 103 it went off.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm really dumb about all this new tech. I didn't send a text until last year.

• Be careful Jake. 103' is deep. Too deep for my taste.

thanks marco, we are being really carefull actually as intense as sounds. i would never do dives like that without Dad or another certified safetydiver wating for me on the surface watching my back. im lucky i got a badass buddy like dad. happy safe diving!!:thumbsup2:

• thanks marco, we are being really carefull actually as intense as sounds. i would never do dives like that without Dad or another certified safetydiver wating for me on the surface watching my back. im lucky i got a badass buddy like dad. happy safe diving!!:thumbsup2:

:@:@
    decrepit old fart buddy is more like it. :D

• :D:thumbsup2:

Jake and Hank: Just make sure there is top to bottom visibility when diving so deep.

Dive safe! ;)

I'm gonna pull the trigger on at least one Terry Maas vest. Even at 60 feet sometimes the vis isn't so great. I've lost Jake from view a few times. And if he stays down for a minute and a half or more, there's a bit of a .....alarmish feeling that arises.
    I ask myself sometimes...same when I was surfing...."why the hell am I doing this"? :crazy:

But then that 35 lb cubera comes up to you.....or that perfect set....no one out and you're all over it....That's when we realize why we're out there. Only two things are better in life. Making kids....and waking up with them in the morning. :thumbsup2:

• Went out yesterday. Two reasons. The north that was predicted to come in today, and the big boss was here and he likes fresh fish.
    Saw quite a few blacks. I was hiding and one was coming right at me....like he wasn't scared at all. Problem was, I didn't know that until I started to ascend and then saw it on the other side of the rock I was hiding behind. Jake was frantically grouper calling me from the surface but...
    We saw two others that must have been over 40 lbs....one maybe over 50. The width of the caudal fin looked to be about a foot.
    Jake shot this dog, which both of us thought was a cubera. Really dark, brownish colors for a dog....around here anyway.
    I got the black as I was turning blue. haha. I saw it when I spooked it out to the channel but it stopped....slowly came back...too slow. hah. But I finally got a nice. shot.

Also switched to my "Araceli" gun and used 9/16 bands. It shoots so much smoother than with the 5/8. I'm going to fine tune this setup with those bands. The power is nice but accuracy is the giveaway. So, if I really need that extra power, it's probably a low percentage hale Mary shot anyway.
    Off to San Pedro in about 10 days.

• Jake playing around with the GoPro. One of these days we'll get some good footage.
    We were at this little shallow cut yesterday. There was a fair sized swell coming form the east but no wind. There were actually some ridable waves at Long Caye cut. Anyway, the water inside the reef was crystal clear too and there was an outgoing tide. The surf was churning up the bottom and vis was bad, except right at the opening in the reef where the cut is only about 6 feet deep. There was a strong current bring a slug of clear water into the foamy, 5-7 foot deep water....and it was LOADED with fish right there. A school of about 80 or so permit, bit porgies, black and white margates, some dog snappers (but they bugged out fast). And the BIGGEST parrot fish I'd ever seen. It was cool. There were little eddies along the coral walls going in, which I had to use because the current would wear you out.
    Maritsa was hanging with me and doing well. She shot at a nice hog...twice but missed. Hard to aim in all that turbulence.
    That little shallow cut that only the local fishermen use is where I've seen the biggest dog snapper, cobia, midnight parrot fish, permit and the green and pink parrot fish....that I've ever seen. And that area is rich in all the corals. Really nice.
    I had to edit in the funky music because Jake said some bad words. haha.

GOPR0240 - YouTube