Spearfishing wetsuits by Speardiver

• Looking carefully I am not sure its loaded, the flopper seems to be sideways from the handle. May just be an optical illusion that its loaded and the shaft is shoved behind it. Ive heard a horror story about a gun loaded pointed up out of water.

Man what a wahoo though.

• Here's another pic of Mani from 2011. I think whether the speargun is loaded controversy can be put to rest. If I see a loaded gun on the stern of a boat, I'll run to the bow, and more so with a pneumatic. But Mani.. I don't feel I'm in any position to criticize how he does things, he's very experienced.

• Hello
    Here is a translation for my review (originaly in Hebrew on my blog) with some adjustments as far as my personal English allows...

Suit 3 mm Speardiver Kanaloa
    Review and test suit 3 mm from Speardiver USA

mosheking.jpg

Overview
    Suit for summer days and can say for it is the high frequency diving year(Israel)
    As in previous reviews this product also tested for a full season and impressions accordingly.

The suit was tested at depths varying from - 12 m to 30 m deep with most of the use was around 14 m
    Belt with 6-8 pounds

Recognizing Florida U.S. manufacturer was completely random and after reading and surfing in the net -first impressions I decided to order a suit this summer.
    When I got to discern at first glance suit quality, ensuring correct directional stitching and patchwork size and use of advanced materials.

The suit comes in a variety of standard sizes and color combinations.

To suit 3 mm must meet high standards just like the 5 or 7 mm.
    Each season and each thickness has pros and cons and based on that we determine what is good and desirable for us.
    Important to have one beyond the usual requirements - exact match insulation and flexibility loading pad will be located right and will not slide down or side during loading - a phenomenon encountered in other suits.

The area of the knees and elbows strengthened with Supertex flexible and strong, more and more manufacturers are preferable to rubber elbows, his knees were prevalent over the years.
    pad also treading a similar material
    High pants and top, Double closing prog.

Practical
    The suit is very comfortable to wear and adapting the body no less than perfect (a LARGE Height 178 cm Weight 82 kg)
    Easy and very flexible, almost unnoticed as water, standing in contact with the rocks and to this day I have not seen "injuries" outside, thankfully when I thought and felt as I organized my self on kayak and thougt -caught all kinds of elements that stand out.
    Deeper water look no change and feel comfortable not changing.
    Neck and cap, sensitive and critical points in terms of isolation - this perfect measurements and neck area where they sit chin coverage from wearing the suit to download.
    **************** Neck and head are precisely matched ****************
    Summary:
    Great suit all levels, all diving styles very easy to use and strong when needed.
    Great value for money
    Highly recommended :)

Can be ordered to Israel from Spearfishing Store.

Edited 3 times, last by Mosheche ().

• Well, finally had the chance to try my Predator wetsuit. I have to say that it is as warm as a 3 mm can be. Very well constructed and has all the details I like from a wetsuit, reinforcements at the right places, anatomically shaped, high waist pants, nice finished stiches.

I was looking for a red wetsuit for three reasons: It is highly visible from the surface, it desappears at depth and most important, it looks cool. :thumbsup2:

I went out both weekend days. On Saturday, we found a school of lesser amberjacks (Seriola Rivoliana) and got a bunch for a barbeque welcoming our friends that were last week in Florida.

On Sunday, I was lucky to score this fat wahoo and my younger son, Alessandro got this nice jack with his 70 RA. :thumbsup2:

Sorry about the pics. Were taken with my cell phone and probably the lens was dirty. :(

Next weekend I think that I will combine the wetsuit top with some lycra pants as the water is getting warmer.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I just returned last night from an eight day trip to the Dry Tortugas after trying out my new Pacific Wetsuit from Dan. While I was originally very impressed by the suit (suppleness, cut, and features), I have to say I am no longer impressed. The stitching has become unraveled badly an the the one seam has already split wide open. Upon further inspection of my suit I found the cuff stitching to be very loose (protrudes past the cuff itself exposing the loops of thread). I have some pictures I will upload and post. Before anyone asks; yes, I know to use lube, and no the suit is not the least bit small-I was between sizes and opted for the larger of the two. I hope this is a spot where we can post honest reviews. I still love the cut and material-it's just the stitching I am not impressed with.
    Mark

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• I have full confidence in the Speardiver wetsuits, I use one myself. They're also used by commercial spearfishermen here in Miami who dive every day and buy suits from me twice a year because of real wear and tear, which is a testament to their durability. A singular manufacturing flaw is possible with any product, and is likely the cause of your tear seeing as how the suit has barely been used. Seams in open cell suits don't split because of unraveled stitching, they split because of a defect during the gluing process. Subsequent to that the stitching will unravel in the torn area.

Stitching throughout the suit is purposefully loose allowing the material to stretch. It's more evident at end points like wrists and ankles. People who expect a tight stitch like on scuba suits, don't understand open cell wetsuits. There are many experienced and credible divers who have put Speardiver suits through some good use and provided positive reviews. To date yours is the first Speardiver suit to split a seam that I know of.

• I have to say Thank You to Dan for standing behind the Speardiver wetsuits MORE than 100% (despite my negative original post). Replacing the split seamed pants and the socks would be 100%....but he went above and beyond. He also sent me the glue to repair the split seam on the damaged pair of pants, free of charge-so I can keep them as a backup pair. The pants that he sent to replace the original are stitched perfectly and flawless. The sock stitching does not intrude into the inner surface in any area. Great customer service -Thank You again Dan.
    I was going to edit my original post, but have chosen to leave it -and add this post as a testament to Dan's commitment to his product.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• Just got the suit in on Fri. Tested it out this weekend. :D

Suit looks great. Nice color combo. I think the Sombra looks better in person.

Shipping/ Packaging: From the date of the order the suit came very quickly. Suit was packed well (maybe too well? more on this later). Suit came packed in a plastic film with a layer of air pouches on top, enclosed in a standard brown box. Dan was also thoughtful to include a little something extra for my knife based on prior discussion.

Ease of use: Lubed with a conditioner:water solution, the suit slips on fine.

Sizing: The sizing is spot-on.

Comfort: It is very flexible and doesn't cause any strain. Movement does not feel restricted. The suit seals well around the chest, head, neck, back etc. The suit seals so well around the face that water had to be let into ears to equalize.

• I have had a Speardiver Ninja suit for 3 years now an I am a freak, I do not take care of my equipment and the thing is still in perfect shape beside some dents that have nothing to do with the overall quality of the suit. I have a Speardiver Predator suit now and is the sexiest thing on the water, No cold, no hassles, no nothing just sheer underwater joy.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

Edited once, last by monster slayer ().