Antigua spearfishing reports

• Nice sail and Ahi! What did they weigh? That ahi looks close to 180 pounds and that sail about 40? Those kids will be stoked for a long time. My first ahi was a little 3-5 pounder that we caught on a little king king I was around 7 years old and it still makes me smile. Those kids have awesome fishing stories they will never forget!

• The tuna was only 100, the sail was 52. You get it completely, we all say a trophy or one more fish means nothing to us but the world to the kids. We work hard to get on the fish and then ONLY let the kids fight the fish. Wonderful feeling for us.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• That is amazing. I too remember my first various fish and they are the reason I was hooked and still am. My grandfather passed the stoke on to me. I will always remember one day we walked to the break wall at a local park and we were just casting lure. I was about 6. My dziadziu (polish for grand dad) got a hit and when he set the hook he looked right at me and said are you ready? I was so scared and pumped and excited and when I cranked in that little snapper I was hooked for life!!

i like to spear fish

• Today I got into the blue after a long break, l won't lie... I sucked ass today in the water :( couldn't shoot the side of a barn and shame of all shames I froze on a easy shot after a hard stalk on a 30lb+ wahoo :( . Anyway all i shot was small fish but ended up with a nice mixed bag for my freezer. It was epic out there with the super moon driving fish to show up in the hundreds. Never seen so many small dolphin (mahi-mahi) in the water, epic!
    My catch

The boats catch

What we kept throwing back, they were around me in the water in the hundreds

George Steele

Edited once, last by Dude george ().

• Big rainbow runners Dan, I was happy with those ;)
    Before anyone asks, the stuff in the mouth of the rainbow runner is streamers from the FAD that I tied it to :o the guys left me on the FAD while they trolled so I improvised by tieing my catch to the FAD

George Steele

• Nice mixed bag George. Triple tail too. I don't recal seeing Blue Runners that big. Took my kids blue water fishing for first time last summer in Panama - left all fish for them except a big 120 lb Sail that was too big for them (Catch & release by me). I too have run into small baby Dorados like you found. Never thought about the connection to full or this super moon.

• Hahahahahahaha it was dark and all I had was my phone, we are so tired at that point Marco its hard to find the drive to take a photo bro. :p

George Steele

• Had some fun with small snappers on Saturday with my wife as my dive buddy :thumbsup2:

[/IMG]

George Steele

• Got out yesterday with the wife on a RIB to one of my wrecks, 5-7ft visibility(white out) chocked full with moon jellyfish. Forgot my flipping lycra and with shorts and vest on, got the crap stung out of me! Thankfully it was only moons.
    Point of the trip was for yours truly to, for the first time use a polespear. I borrowed diesels 7ft carbon fiber polespear, he said the band may need replacing (understatement of the year! ). So I get in and per my research, power up and twist the band around the pole, and start blasting away at the jellyfish, couldn't hit a jelly at first [emoji1] , but soon got the hang of it and now armed with the basics made my first drop.
    The deck of the wreck at 30 ft had some large Bermuda chub hanging around so decided to see if I could get one, personally would not target them but they are eaten here so would not go to waste. While being made a monkeys uncle by the chub I noticed some lovely snook down deeper at the bottom of the wreck [emoji4] yummy! So dropped down to 40-45 on some 11 pound snook, keeping in mind that I was told you have to get really really close, I inched my way to them dropping slowly from above. Got within a few feet(from spear tip) from above of the fastest fella and let lose a perfect shot (proud). Didn't even tickle the blasted fish! Crap! Okay I think to myself, must be user error, back on the surface a few more practice shots on jellyfish and confidence restored! Now I go to the back of the wreak and locate some more fish, two more perfect shots with the fish laughing at me after being hit [emoji26] , no penetration mind you, just hit! I go to rass with this and go get my Koah euro 120 for some real hunting! I now know though that I can be an effective hunter with a pole, just not a crap pole...lol
    On a side note I got a headband mount for my contour roam 2 camera and using the mount on the mask strap of my micro mask, I can report I have excellent footage of all that went on AND proof of me hitting my fish fair and square. Really excited to now have video from this perspective, what I look at and where I turn my head! Most excellent!
    At $150 from amazon I have ordered another contour which will go on the end of my gun so now I will have both perspectives when hunting to check out afterwards.
    Sadly it looks like my wrecks now have VERY unwanted tenants in residence. You can see one on the end of my spear in the picture.

George Steele

• Haven't been posting pictures or videos lately and I hope I get inspired to soon but in the meantime I will share this with ya.
    My JC had a toothy hickey placed on its tail by an admirer [emoji1]
    I managed to deal with another admirer of me personally while I was in the moment ;) and on a side note the tips I got from Linghunt have been the bee's knees, handled a 20+ JT that I sloppily missed stoning on a long shot by a hair, water skiing around structure was a blast! They were my idea I have to admit, the tip not the lionfish pulverizer [emoji4]

George Steele

• Dan can we get an Antigua section? I contribute far more than anyone from that island(Trinidad) and would like an accurate geographical post.

George Steele