"Cudezilla"

• Wonnnnddddeerrrfullllll:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: That is a fat pig for sure. How much it weighted? Love to shoot big cudas it is always a good fight/rush. Congratulations :). A picture underwater would of been awesome too:D

• Hahaha Rolo.. I'm envisioning a photoshop with Emil as Ahab :) Nice job Emil, tell me you didn't bend the shaft and :hail1::hail1: I can't believe you didn't weigh it.

Here's the two biggest I've ever seen, pantoja shot one and it was 40lb, I saw his RA float zipping across the surface and knew something big was on. The other was shot by his friend on another trip but we didn't weigh it. Don't mean to steal the thunder I just thought you'd enjoy a comparison. Looks to me like yours is at least 40lb so you're in the lead :D BTW I shot a good sized one today in the exact same spot, didn't seem to take any fight out of it. I try to avoid el lomo but is seems with cudas it happens often. On closer inspection after I gutted it in the water I could see that the flopper opened in the stomach cavity, there's no way it was coming out.

• He used a 240cm Ahab Allen self propelled. Float was 22' Mako...argh!

Forge me new weapons that will strike deep and hold fast. But do not douse them in water; they must have a proper baptism. What say ye, all ye men? Will you give as much blood as shall be needed to temper the steel?

Lol, That´s one heck of a "quote" , jejeje :thumbsup2: Mellville himself would be jealous! :toast:

That steel flew right and true to hit the flesh of the Leviatáncuda, sunk in the flesh and a crimson sun raised up out in the deep blue, while thee mortals eyes were stared by the flash of the virginal steel, that split the stone heart of the beast ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Thanks to all for the kind words. I used a RA vecta 120cm that has had a hammerhead muzzle installed after market. The gun belongs to JC and is his pet rig. After using it the last two times out it is beginning to become one of my favorites as well. Right now the barrel seems to flood but even though it tracks a little slow when it is full of water it's accuracy and power with double 16mm bands is remarkable. I had the gun attached to a 60ft float line and a 11Ltr RA float. The shot came from slightly above and exited just behind the opposing gill plate. The fish fought amazingly well sinking the float on two separate occasions. Somehow the shaft remained intact which is a testament to the resilience of the RA steel and the result of avoiding the temptation to attempt to subdue the fish too early. When I got it home I tried to weigh the fish on a 50lb hand scale and it bottomed it out so I'm guessing it went just a few pounds over that.

BTW although I felt the fish was ready when it came time to insert a hand in the throat I should have better prepared myself for its power. The fish went berzerk when I did this and managed to deliver three successive head butts that landed mostly on the frame of my mask. Luckily for me I did not catch a glancing blow from one of its "toofeses" or I am sure I would have required more than a few stitches or consultation from a plastic surgeon to reattach my nose.

• Congrats Emil, that's a hell of a fish, and yeah you were lucky with the headbutts. I'm thinking of starting a record thread for all the forum members. At this time you'd be the cuda record holder and Pantoja the black grouper record holder as far as I know. Submissions will be based on an honor system. Do you guys think this is something that would be fun?

And BTW spear went through the fish!? It's time to change my bands.

• How many Norwegians in Ft. Pierce did that cuda feed?;)

Los morenos del Fort estan gozando de una tremenda fritura. Me llamaron ayer para decirme que toda la gente que han provado el pescado estan enamorado con el "saltwater pike" que les traje. Salieron unos filetones inmensos y me deje un pedazito aqui para provarlo.:thumbsup2:

• Congrats Emil, that's a hell of a fish, and yeah you were lucky with the headbutts. I'm thinking of starting a record thread for all the forum members. At this time you'd be the cuda record holder and Pantoja the black grouper record holder as far as I know. Submissions will be based on an honor system. Do you guys think this is something that would be fun?

And BTW spear went through the fish!? It's time to change my bands.

Sounds great to me...sort of like what HSD does with the Hawaiian records. PS you can go ahead and reserve a spot for me on the kingfish record :D
    I shot this one last year and can finally share the picture with everyone as the article I wrote about it just went to print in the last HSD magazine. The story is called "The Wait"

• Sounds great to me...sort of like what HSD does with the Hawaiian records. PS you can go ahead and reserve a spot for me on the kingfish record :D
    I shot this one last year and can finally share the picture with everyone as the article I wrote about it just went to print in the last HSD magazine. The story is called "The Wait"

WOOOWWW:0:0That is a Big Kajunas right there Congratz:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: