• 3 hours kicking in current today in 8'viz. No WSB seen or heard.
    walls of bait though. Most I have even seen at this particular beach reef.

Dustan Baker

• You're not alone. After that front moved out and we had some hot weather I figured I would go play hide&seek. Not much luck, so I moved in a little shallower for some butts. Made one drop into a kelp tunnel with sandy bottom thinking it just looked fishy.

I slowly finned into it and about halfway through on the bottom, saw something to my left and turned my head but kept kicking. When I looked back straight I was staring directly into the mouth of what I thought was a shark about to eat me! I put on the brakes and was face to face with the biggest black seabass I have ever seen. I promptly laughed and he turned and gave me a tail thump while I followed for a short while seeing if he would lead me to the promise land. It was 100# easy.

I'm not the biggest guy but I'm pretty sure he wanted to inhale my upper body into his mouth. Moral of the story, no ghosts but watch out for maneating bsb.

• I put in 4 hours yesterday in a deep kelp bed for nothing as well. I think i saw one big silver flash and my buddy saw he may have seen the a short but couldnt get close enough to verify. The kelp was so thick in areas that under it you almost needed a flash light. Decent vis and a beautiful day in SB.

• Well, if it'll make you guys feel any better, Jake and I got a shitload of fish on Saturday. :D

My first time in the water in 6 weeks. Lot of eagle rays and we were hoping for cobia. Only dog snapper, one cuda and a nice yellow jack.

Edited once, last by hank ().