Switched to a 6.5 mm shaft

• Send me a couple of those too Dan. Jake said he and DuQuesnay have been seeing a lot of these near one of our spots. :D
    Just kidding badehh. haha. I really would like to try one. 63 inch for my 55 Wong?

[/IMG]

• Send me a couple of those too Dan. Jake said he and DuQuesnay have been seeing a lot of these near one of our spots. :D
    Just kidding badehh. haha. I really would like to try one. 63 inch for my 55 Wong?

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o675/Hank_Bauman/DSC04007_zps70b34eb4.jpg</a><a href="http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Hank_Bauman/media/DSC04007_zps70b34eb4.jpg.html">

He better grab that thing by the gills hes about to lose it!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• :laughing:

Hank, 63" is 160cm so that will work. But the RA shafts are for euro trigger mechanism. Your Wong uses US shafts no?

Yes Wong's are U.S. shafts.

Dan you going to offer any U.S. shafts in the future? I use 7.5 mm which seems to be a good balance on my big 60 inch Wong.

• I LOVE a light pipe gun.
    IMO, a light 120 pipe gun with a 6.5 to 7mm short spear with rest tab, Tin Man 2 hole muzzle with kill spike, two tight Speardiver bands, and an ENCLOSED TRACK carbon fiber barrel :@ is all the gun I will ever need.
    Power it down by loading only one band on the rest tab for lion fish 2ft from the muzzle. Load both Speardiver small ID bands all the way back to the last tab and shoot almost anything I'll ever see with NO SHAFT WHIP.
    I tip the ET barrel up, start the spear into the ET, let go of the spear and hear it click into the mech is a beautiful thing. :thumbsup2:

• It all depends which gun you are shooting.

7.0 and below is for pipe guns. I think 7.5 is too heavy for pipe guns.

7.5 and above is for wood, or guns with more mass.

• It all depends which gun you are shooting.

7.0 and below is for pipe guns. I think 7.5 is too heavy for pipe guns.

7.5 and above is for wood, or guns with more mass.

If it is a 120 or bigger it can be a 7.5mm. Smaller and I agree a 7 or 6.5 is perfect.

I love a 7.5mm on my 120 RA

i like to spear fish

• Weellll Riffe really came full circle on that one, coming standard with 8mm

Here ya go, just don't try to get one @ that $ now.:D He only had one gun size.

Cheers, Don

• I've shot a lot of fish with a 6.5mm shaft the past few months
    my favorite diameter for a 90.
    It got roasted after 1 day in baja but the one I had was stainless not spring steel. I worked it over my knee after every 20# leopard I shot to get it straight again for the last 2 days of the trip haha. I keep my tip super sharp, no penetration issues even on those big reefmaster sheepshead, brained a whole panga full of those one day with my 90 and a 6.5mm shaft. I'm going to have to get a handfull of spring steel ones though, might be headed off to the baja for 3 months next summer :@
    I have one for my 130 too but im guessing its going to last 10 seconds in mexico, would probably last forever here in CA waters but even my 7 got bent to hell after the first fish on the last trip haha