RIFFE EURO> }help{<

• dewasw--IMO, open RA 2 band muzzle, notched shaft with RA slip tube. I use the shortest shaft possible to reduce shaft weight and decrease shaft bending. I will never shoot without a RA slip tube again. Yesterday I shot one time and got 2 spades:thumbsup2: I have never lost a hit fish yet using the RA slip tube. If I even hit a bigger fish in the last part of the tail all I have to do is hang on. Many times I will hit a fish, let go of my RA130 [floats with reel], and pull the fish in and up as fast as possible regardless of how much the fish is fighting. With a flopper, many times you have to let the fish tire out a little before pulling them up, but that lets the fish flop around on the bottom, maybe bending and scraping up the shaft and attracting the taxman. It is a nice feeling grabing the shooting line and fighting a tail shot 30inch mack:thumbsup2:
    All the above is just my opinion and my spearin experiance since 1975.:D

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Not to deviate from the Rob Allen love fest (I had one - wonderful). But MAKO spearguns has a really nice product for supremely cheap. $230 shipped for a 110cm with RA pinned shaft, bands. I think they have better parts than the RA. Most obviously the line release (Stainless Steel) and the way the tubes are mounted are superb. You can get a new one for the price of a used RA.

www.makospearguns.com

P.S. Didn't like the Riffe Euro 120 that I had, I prefer pipe guns for shooting style. The wood is beautiful though.

• av001....Thanks for your opinion....I've read the shaft will raise slightly off the track/open muzzle area a little bit when band power is put on the shaft....so is that why you prefer the closed muzzle.

Hau....thanks for your input based on many years of experience. Also, that's a good step by step process to quickly get control of the big boys.

Well, the preference of top spearo's for either an open or closed muzzle is tied 50/50. So, I need Marco to chime-in and break the tie........thanks for everybodies guidance.

First breathe-up... May 1937

• Well, the preference of top spearo's for either an open or closed muzzle is tied 50/50. So, I need Marco to chime-in and break the tie........thanks for everybodies guidance.

You are looking for a "top spearo" preference?

Well, that's not my case, but here we go... :rolleyes1:

I've had closed muzzle and now I have open muzzle. Even if what you said about the shaft raise with open muzzle is true, I haven't noticed any difference in accurancy or power so far. However, loading (for me) is faster with a closed muzzle. Regarding the shafts, I've used both pinned and notched and found no remarcable difference, so I stay with the cheapest (notched) in the future.
    My only advice will be to leave the wishbones the way they are after you load the bands. Trying to adjust/center the wishbones in the notches makes no difference to accurancy but tends to cut/tear the dyneema (cord) wishbones. Just let them as they are once cocked.

I haven't tried the slip-tube, so I can't help you with that.

Last but not least, As Jim said, If I had to buy a new railgun for sure it will be a Mako; made from the same people (probably in China), using the same materials, without the middlemen (and overhead/markup). ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Not to deviate from the Rob Allen love fest (I had one - wonderful). But MAKO spearguns has a really nice product for supremely cheap. $230 shipped for a 110cm with RA pinned shaft, bands. I think they have better parts than the RA. Most obviously the line release (Stainless Steel) and the way the tubes are mounted are superb. You can get a new one for the price of a used RA.

www.makospearguns.com

P.S. Didn't like the Riffe Euro 120 that I had, I prefer pipe guns for shooting style. The wood is beautiful though.

I contacted Mako spearguns. For some info. I bought some items from them and they are cheap and good quality, excellent customer service. Now with that been said. Becarefull, they have a lot of items that are not really suited for our sport. Their knifes are not stainless steel they are nickel plated. Some of the masks are weak plastic on the frame. The fins info i got from them is very close to the Captain Nemo ones. So i consider them good, they are fiberglass. Same issue with the spearguns. They only have a good one Iconic railgun speargun. The other cheap gun i got to hold it in my hands here in Georgia and it does not compare to the RA at all. So yes they have good prices and some good items. But dont go blind without asking first. They provide the info if you ask.