RIFFE EURO> }help{<

• Looking at buy the riffe euro but wanna now a lil more about it what do u think about this gun like what are the pro and cons and if there a other better guns out there i fish in the 30's for grupper snapper hog cobia and kings

• My personal opinion is that the fact that you like the gun will make you good with it unless there is something wrong with the gun. I used a Euro 120 for a couple of months and it was good. In fact I landed 2 of my personal bests with it.

If you like it buy it, most guns out there are good.

Davie Peguero

• C-los F.C.---
    The RA;
    1. The RA grip fits my hand better
    2. The RA will do anything the Euro will do and is aprox. $200. USD cheaper than the Euro
    3. The RA allows me to get the web of my shooting hand up and almost directly behind the barrel to help stop muzzle flip
    4. The RA whole package of reel, spring steel shaft and slip tube works better for me than the Riffe package.
    5. The RA barrel design gives me a much better sight picture than the bands piled up on the Euro barrel.
    6. The RA major US distributor is 1 hour from where I live
    7. The RA will never warp like a wood gun:)
    8. The RA is more accurate for me
    etc, etc
    [ just my opinion]

• Damn Hau with that type of advertisement who will buy another gun now;). But I beleive like seaweed said . Personal choices, if you like it buy it. All spearguns will get the job done, there are small details that will make one gun more appealing to a spearo than others. And weknow when you get into this sport you wont have only one gun,:rolleyes1: Ibeleive buy the euro if you like the overall look and all, try it and eventually you will get a RA type to see what the fuss is all about and you will get your conclusion. I personally always go hunting with wood , Riffe or Euro Riffe. I haved used RA too. And what hau says is all true too. But i still like wood:rolleyes1:. Get the pattern here. Still personal choices:thumbsup2:

• There are a lot of spearguns out there and none of them are bad. When i was a kid i used to hunt mullets and parguitos with my old and trusty Cavalero arbalete champion that was indeed a very trusty and accurate gun. Ths gun s allready over 30 years old, and i have been come a long way using several types of spearguns, ranging anywhere from jbl to Wongs. And my personal choice are either Riffe comp or/ and Riffe standard, being the comp 3 my overall favorite. That gun s as accurate as any other gun around and it will outlast any alluminium barrel around,i n fact my partcular gun s over 17 years old, and loos brand new, no problems at all. the trigger mech s just as smooth and shiny as day one. For me Riffe s one of the best options around, still there are better spearguns, and what works for me, probably won´t work for you ... Try as many guns as you can before mading up your mind. Spearguns aint cheap and represent an i nvestment ... Good luck

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Monster, be careful, after 17 years I'd have the mech rehauled or at least open it up and look at it. I'm of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality but knowing Pantoja had a Riffe mech fail on him in almost the worst possible way makes me cautious now.

• You have a point here, but don´t thn 2 5/8´s would make the trigger to fail. The mech is al SS. Care to elaborate about the failing T.M.? Does it had any signs before failing? Now, just think in some plastic trigger mechs, whether they are Omer, R.A. Rabi or whatever of that kind. That´s one more reason to prefer Riffe over any other railgun (excepting sea sniper)

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• whatever guns makes you feel happy and confident using will kill the most fish for you.

• I use to have a riffe euro 110 and I miss that gun a lot, I use it more then my Wong, I even got a Kitto slip tip for it and it was great and very accurate gun, like some others I love wood, I also have use Rob Allen and is not my #1 gun, they are powerfull and accurate but the thing is I hate barrel guns:D, the close i can go is a Hybrid, my nephew got the riffe euroX and I try it this weekend at it shoots the same as mine but I didnt like the extention they made on the X, if you like it get it.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• I have 2 kitto sliptips and always use spectra, speacially the one that Kitto sells, I havent found one stronger, I have use cable but it kinks and some of the hairs come out and cut the bands(it happens to a friend of mine), I have seen kinks in cable brake, for a stringer i got cable coated for spearguns and one day it kinks, it last like 2 weeks of use and it broke.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Pucho, I've been considering going to a coated cable stringer for that exact reason. The uncoated cable frays and the strands are sharp. Are you saying the coated cable didn't work out for the stringer either?

• Well at least the one that I us didnt work out and I think it was from Riffe but not shure, I have one stringer that I use tuna line 400lbs and it has lasted a long time like 3 years, no picua has damage it

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Since I'm thinking of buying an RA 130, I would appreciate hearing from Hau and Marco what their preferences are for 1) open or closed muzzle and 2) notched or pinned shafts.....tia

First breathe-up... May 1937