New spearo from miami

• HELLO ALL
    NEW ROOKIE IN SPEARFISHING AND FREEDIVING. EVEN THOUGH THAT I'VE DONE IT A FEW TIMES, AROUND MIAMI AND THE KEYS. BUT THERE IS STILL A LOT TO LEARN. GOT MYSELF A NEW 3MM REEF CAMO WETSUIT FROM SPEARDIVER THAT I CAN'T WAIT TO USE FOR THE FIRST TIME. SO FAR I CAN ONLY SAY THAT ITS VERY CONFORTABLE AND WELL MADE. THAT AND THE CRESSI GARAS 3000, AQUALUNG MICROMASK, AND PERSISTENT PNEUMATIC SPEARGUN...(LIKE I SAID ROOKIE) :laughing: ARE MY SPEARFISHING GEAR SO FAR.
    NEED TO UPGRADE MY GUN ASAP SO ANY SUGESTIONS FOR A MODERATE BUDGET WOULD BE APRECIATED. LOOKING TO GET BAND GUNS, WOODEN WOULD BE IDEAL.
    RGDS

• To agree with japsw, a veteran spearo friend of mine owns several guns. The riffe euro 110 is his favorite. I know there are some wood guns on the Speardiver site here. (upper right corner, click on Freedive Store next to sign in)

• thanks guys for the advice. the riffe: looks and feels good but a bit overpriced in my opinion. on the other hand speardiver's wood gun not only look awesome but feels amazing. ill try to get that one instead. but like I said the budget is a bit limited now so ill have to save a bit. in the mean time ill make Dan's a visit and get me the speardiver phantom 120 for now. wich is a very nice gun also.

• Never liked the Riffe, wayyyyy overpriced and not enough mass to absorb recoil if you ever wanted to put a thicker shaft and a extra band. But Riffe guns have taken down everything there is to shoot and others swear by the euro line. Just my opinion from the other side of Riffe mania [emoji4]

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Marco so speed of tracking trumps range and power for you? I have massive Bluewater guns that sometimes I wish would track faster on the fish that move fast but I find more times the range gets me more fish.

George Steele

• Marco and his boys are the fish whisperers. They shoot big wahoo with 70cm pipe guns :D
    Their hunting skills and fish knowledge are so good that they don't need no stinkin blue water guns like you and me Dude george :laughing:

• Hahahahahahaha that may all be true but even though Marco and his boys can dive circles around me no doubt! In the same area I would take my big long range guns anyday over the pipes as they are my equalizer [emoji1]

George Steele

• Marco and his boys are the fish whisperers. They shoot big wahoo with 70cm pipe guns :D
    Their hunting skills and fish knowledge are so good that they don't need no stinkin blue water guns like you and me Dude george :laughing:

Any day now Marco will post a vid of a wahoo taken on pole spear :laughing:

• Hahahahaha! :laughing3::laughing:

I've used a polespear just once while in Bimini and wasn't able to get a single stupid Hogfish!

George: As I said before, my waters are often murky and when they clear up, wahoos show up. So My to-go gun is a 110, wich gives me enough power to take any reef fish and let me get some wahoos if I manage to fool them. Of course sometimes I would like to have a longer gun in my hands, but I just can't take two guns in my small RIB becouse there's no room for it. Sometimes we're 4 on it, so can you imagine 8 spearguns and all the related rigs on it? :nono:

This is a video I took once just to show how my small boat looks in a normal spearfishing trip:

Ale maneja el bote que va full Jun'14 - YouTube

BUT, if I where going to dive in reefs or structure, a pipe gun would be my choice hands down. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Any day now Marco will post a vid of a wahoo taken on pole spear :laughing:

I tell you something, some polespears have more range than my boy's 70 cm speargun. I told him, that's not going to happen again in 1 million years, so now, when we see that conditions are right, he's diving with my wooden speargun (120 cm TeakSea). :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• [emoji1] I know buddy, I have seen your rib, just don't want anyone thinking that a pipe gun is a wahoo slayer, in your families hands they do the job but that ain't normal humans shooting [emoji1] [emoji6]
    My young diving freak friends here take 60 lb'ers with single band 120 pipes. Like you said though you got to fool um to make that happen, and that isn't easy or common

George Steele

• I envy that backdrop with the mountains and city so close to wahoo waters :crying:

• I envy that backdrop with the mountains and city so close to wahoo waters :crying:

Seriously. I think Marco had to search for years to find a spot like that to live in. I live in the middle of nowhere but I have to go at least 40 miles to get to a wahoo "highway". :D